Tuesday, March 26, 2013

5 Months

Sweet M girl, as of yesterday, you are five months old now. And your dad and I are loving every second of it!


Last month started out rough. You kicked off four months with a lot of fussing and whining, but around 4.5 months, you really mastered rolling from your back to your belly (you did it for the first time on 3/4, but it took awhile to really figure it out), and you have been so much happier since then. I honestly think your fussiness was milestone related. Even when you were going through your fussy spell, you really were a good baby. Most of the time you are happy happy HAPPY! You do a lot of smiling, and when you're not busy having fun, you're checking out the world around you. I can just look at you sometimes and see the wheels turning in that head of yours. You focus so hard on figuring something out, and it seems like each day you learn something new.

In this past month, you have changed a lot. You seem to talk more, even using a few consonants from time to time. You have gotten so good with those hands, and you really enjoy "playing" now. Toys (and other fun household objects like cups and measuring spoons) keep you very interested and busy. You also love to use those hands to grab the dogs. Layla isn't too crazy about it and keeps her distance, but Rosie is your bets buddy. We've had a few fussy evenings, where I just plop you down by Rosie and you go from fussy to crazy happy as you pull on her ears and fur. 

You still love for us to read to you, and I certainly love it too. I hope this is something that you will always love. 

We took out the doorway jumper at the beginning of the month, and in the beginning, you weren't so sure what to do with it, but just recently you've really started to "jump" and play in there. We also bought you a high chair (on 3/16) that you've been sitting in at dinner time, and you like to sit there and play while watching us eat. I can't believe you'll actually be eating in there soon. I'm not ready for it, but I think you'll love it. You've become very curious and study us very hard when we're eating or drinking something. You definitely know that we're up to something!

You are continuing to sleep really well at night! We had about 2 weeks back at the beginning of March where you'd sleep about 10.5 hours a night, but you're back to doing 12 hours now. I think it had to do with the some coming up in the morning and waking you up. After the time change, it has started to get better. I need to invest in some black out panels to put behind your curtains. Your naps are pretty short most days, and you take three 30-45min naps on a normal day. But every couple of days you surprise me with a great 2 hour nap. I am hoping that as you get older naps will get better, but if not, that's okay. You sleep well at night and that is important for everyone!

You are still a fantastic eater. We nurse 5 times a day, with the first four feedings being about 10-15 minutes, and your last feeding of the day before bed is closer to 30-40 minutes. You flat out refuse bottles now, but I know I'm partially to blame for this since I went too long between bottle feedings. I am continuing to try bottles, but so far no luck. You like your milk straight form the tap. 

Some other funny things to note: 
You found your toes this month!
You went through a period where you'd SCREAM in the bath at night, but it's getting better
You love to skype with our far away family and friends!
No teeth yet, but I am really thinking there's one coming soon with all the chewing and drooling.
You got a stuffed pig from a friend of mine, and you're a big fan.
This makes us laugh because we still call you Piglet or Piggie. 

We love you so much little girl! You bring us so much joy.


Stats:
No doctor this month so height and weight were measured at home...
Weight: About 18 pounds
Height: About 26 inches
Diaper: Size 2 in disposables; in cloth, we now are one snap down, and 4 open snaps across
Clothes: 3-6 months, but a few of those are starting to get too small. We've tried a few 6-12 and 9 month things
Eyes: very blue!
Hair: It's definitely coming in, but it's very light on top, still dark in the back. Sometimes it almost has a reddish tint to it? 

9 comments:

  1. OMG the bunny ears. STOP. SO CUTE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so cute! I love her wearing the bunny ears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is SO stinkin cute! I still think it's so funny that Maggie & Isaac are so very alike... I mean, it shouldn't be so much of a surprise since they're the same age (literally!), but I always find myself nodding in agreement to every one of your updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way Hollie!! I love looking at what Isaac is up to because 9 times out of 10, it's right where Maggie is!!

      Delete
  4. She is adorable! I just love her smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I love these pictures of baby M! What kind of camera/lens are you using to capture these pictures? When I try to take similar ones of my little C, they end up dark and blah. I need some camera intervention :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Bevin! I have a Nikon D40, but they don't make that anymore. I think it's been replaced with the D3100. I use this lens http://amzn.com/B001S2PPT0 and LOVE it. It pretty much never leaves my camera! I also took these photos next to an open window which helps a lot. Good light is key!

      Delete
  6. Oh.my.word! Those bunny ears!! She is so stinking cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bunny ears are too cute!!! and her smile! SO sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete