Thursday, March 7, 2013

embracing the camera: week 1

One of my favorite bloggers who I've been following for a very long time, Emily Anderson, does a link up from time to time on Thursdays called "Embrace the Camera."

In her words, the purpose of this link up....

"One day I was looking for a picture of my mom and I together, growing up, and I realized that I hardly have any with her in them.  There are plenty of just me, but only a few with her.  I didn't want that for my kids.  I want them to have an abundance of pictures with us together.  I want them to remember me, and our day to day interactions. 
The fun times we had. 
The real times we had.
Our memories.
I wanted to make sure I was a part of those memories."

I love this! I want to be a part of my daughter's pictures and past, and it's all too easy to stay behind the camera because I don't like the size of my hips or my hair hasn't been washed in 4 days...but one day when I'm gone, I'm sure my daughter won't care about any of those things. 

So with that said, I'm going to do my best to start embracing the camera with my baby girl. 

Even if she covers her face up when I try!


Oh! One more thing...I got a blog facelift thanks to Aubrey at Kinch Designs. She was so easy to work with and I love how it turned out! If you're reading in google reader, head on over to my blog to see the new look!

14 comments:

  1. I love the new design! I also LOVE the fabric from yesterdays post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new design, too! Also, that quote from Emily Anderson is so perfect. The moments together with our babies are so special and will be the photos we all treasure for our lifetime and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new look girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your design looks great! I love it. And great idea for photos with the kids, it's important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute picture of you too! I know I said this on Twitter but I just love the new blog look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I meant cute picture of you TWO. :)

      Delete
  6. I feel the same way and try to be more mindful of this very thing. I know it's something that bothers my own mom as she looks back at pictures from my childhood.

    Love your new look too. So you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. My mom died when I was 3 and I certainly cherish all the photos I have of the two of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute picture--and great idea! Love the new look too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great pic! I wholeheartedly agree with getting pictures with your kids!! It's something you can NEVER have enough of.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea!! I need to be better about being IN the pics with my daughter instead of just taking pics OF her. P.S. Love your new design!

    ReplyDelete