Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Off to see the grandparents!

Two weeks ago we packed up M and all of her belongings (which is a lot), plus both puppies and we headed to Virginia to spend the weekend with my inlaws. What is a 4.5 hour trip with no baby, and about 5-5.5 with a baby, took us 8.5 hours. A semi had overturned on the highway spilling diesel fuel on the road, causing all of the highway to reroute through one of NC's tiniest towns. It was not a fun start to the weekend, but we somehow survived. Poor M was not thrilled about it, but she did okay, all things considered.

We had hoped to arrive around 7 so we could enjoy dinner with them, but it was past 10:30 when we finally got there. Everyone was ready for bed! Thank goodness for lots of extra naps for this little girl.



Once we all got some rest, we had a nice time visting with J's parents for the weekend. 



On Sunday, J took us to my parents house and visited for a little bit, but then he and the dogs headed back to Charlotte. M and I hung out for a few days before my mom brought us back to Charlotte. One of my favorite parts of not working is being able to visit family and friends and traveling whenever I please. Teaching made it hard to do that for about 9 months of the year.


My parents' dog is obsessed with M. He spent every bath time just like this!


How fun are all of these old baby toys that my parents found in their attic? They all belonged to either me or my siblings. 


We got to see one of my good friends who I grew up with; she stopped by to visit with us. AND! She's having her own baby in September. A new buddy for M!


My mom and I also took a quick trip up 95 to visit my grandparents while I was in town. I just love these photos of M with them that my mom took.





And two more pictures of M with my mom back at our house in Charlotte! These new baby sunglasses crack me up.




My mom was kind enough to stay with M one night so we could go out for a date. We had a lovely time, but a certain little girl refused her bottle while we were gone...I've tried a few times since then and she's still just keeping her lips shut and saying no way! She's keeping us on our toes....that's for sure!

It was nice to visit family, but it's also nice to be back home and back to our routine. I don't realize how much I like being home until we're away for awhile. I love traveling and visiting people we love, but I sure love the coziness of home!

5 comments:

  1. How fun!! So fun taking the babies to see family! Sorry your road trip sucked!! ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her sweater with the little flower...killing me with cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally had that telephone when I was little!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing worse than being stuck on the interstate with a baby :) When Molly was four weeks old, we had to drive to DC for my brother-in-law's wedding and it took us what felt like days to get there because of two accidents.

    Isn't it hard when the babies take a bottle, but then won't? James started refusing his bottle just in time for me to go back to work. I was so stressed leaving him this week, but he's adapted his schedule just fine. He simply refuses the bottle and is totally content unless the bottle is offered to him, in which case he loses.his.mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad y'all had a great time! I just love the pic of her in those sunnies:)

    ReplyDelete