Tuesday, March 5, 2013

February Project: A new curtain for the kitchen

In an effort to hold myself accountable, I want to share my February project. One of my 2013 goals was to create something new each month, and February's was inspired by Young House Love.

When I saw this post by them back in the fall, I knew this was something I wanted to do for our kitchen. We don't have plans to paint our kitchen anytime soon, but I wanted to do something to add in a small pop of color. A pretty curtain over the sink was the perfect solution.

I purchased this fabric from Joanne's and got to work!


I followed YHL's tutorial (the card stock tip was SO helpful), so I am not going to post directions...just go read their's! I love my finished product. I like that I picked a light fabric that will let sunlight in the kitchen, but it still adds a little something to the room. This really was pretty simple...and thank you to my husband for cutting the wood and drilling it in place for me!



6 comments:

  1. That turned out great! I remember thinking it would add a nice, simple touch when I read YHL's version. Good for you to follow through and do one yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The fabric is so light and clean looking. I bought some fabric from Joanne's as well to make some curtains like this for my living room. Ill have to try this tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great and I love the fabric you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I love it, and your kitchen. That fabric is beautiful- Joanne's stresses me out to no end though. Ours is always full of really intense old lady crafters. They aren't scared to cut in front of you in line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful curtain, Rachel! And even better that you made it yourself! Maybe this will inspire me to make some curtains for our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete