Friday, May 3, 2013

Five for Friday

It's Friday! A year ago today, J tore his ACL. We're hoping for good vibes from the universe today that he remains injury free on May 3rd of this year. No more knee surgeries....

M and I are off to swim lessons this morning and then a hopefully a trip to Dean and Delucca with some of our playgroup buddies for an afternoon glass of wine (for mommy, not baby!). And then tonight, we're celebrating with J because as of yesterday, we have officially paid off our student loans. It's a good day!

Here are some favorites for the week....

1. These cookies from Iowa Girl Eats! I've made them before, but it had been awhile. This is probably my favorite cookie recipe! And she doesn't lie, the recipe makes a TON of cookies!


2. On Sunday my mom had her dinner group over for a "lunch" group and she set up a Panini Bar for her guests. As soon as I saw her pictures I told her I was sharing on here. I love this idea. My mom is one creative lady!



3. When I was pregnant, I found the world's most wonderful stretchy tee's at GAP Maternity. I was obsessed and lived in them through out the end of my pregnancy. I was sad to retire them once I hit the one month post partum mark, but just recently discovered GAP sells a regular version of this shirt. It was like Christmas morning when I learned of this news! It's the tees in the Pure Body line, and I'm telling y'all. They're my favorites. They're LONG (which is important to me) and stretchy, so they don't lose their shape over the day. Seriously. Best tee ever!


4. These sippy cups from Tommee Tippee! I've started offering M a sippy with water in it through out the day, and we've tried a few different cups now, and these seem to be working the best for her. It's harder than one might think to teach a six month old how to drink from a cup. This one seems to be a good beginners cup.


5. I know I already mentioned it above, but paying off our student loans!! I usually don't talk about anything related to finances on my blog, but man...what a great feeling it is to have them paid off. We've worked really hard in our first 4.5 years of marriage to make paying those off a priority, and it's so freeing knowing that they're finally gone! I guess another of my favorites for the day could be J's detailed and perfect spreadsheets that helped us get to this point. I'm very thankful for them and for him!

Happy Weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats to you both! That's huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Panini Party is an awesome idea! I'm going to have to try that the next time I host Pokeno. Also, congrats on paying off your student loans. I'm sure it's such a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! We tried our second brand of sippy cut (w/water) this morning! The first was a fail, which is a bummer, because we received a ton of the brand while we were pregnant (the multi-pack take & toss kind... I wonder if I can still return the unopened packs 8 months later.). Definitely a challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just returned several packages of unopened bottles to BRU and they gave me store credit! They were on my registry and had been listed as purchased, so they took 'em back! I really like these cups, though! She has an easy time getting water out, but I do have to help her hold it. She can hold it, but doesn't get that you have to tilt it back to drink out of it. We're working on that :)

      Delete
  4. I love your Five for Fridays, I feel like I always learn something! I just bought several tees from Old Navy yesterday. After both kids, I feel like my body shape has just CHANGED and long shirts is UBER important to me. Congrats to paying off your loans!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, get to GAP and try those shirts. They are my favorites!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE the panini idea! I just shared it with my mom :) we r gonna use this idea for a get together for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom is so cute! Also, congrats on paying off those loans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having less debt is an amazing feeling - it was awesome when we both paid off our cars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the loans!!! That is quite an accomplishment. It sounds like yours are working well, but I had a lot of success with the Playtex little straw cups with DH when she M's age. You squeeze the water up and the straw and it teaches the baby to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thanks for the suggestion! I need to find those!

      Delete
  9. Hot dang I've got to get me one of those t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Run to your nearest Gap! I know you appreciate long shirts as much as I do!

      Delete
  10. i am going to use that sandwich bar idea one day, and I will definitely have to order the Gap shirts! It is so hard to find a good fitted v-neck. We have been paying on student loans for two years now and I can't wait until my hubs gets out of graduate school so we can attack them full force and get it paid off! Congrats:)

    ReplyDelete