M and I are off to swim lessons this morning and then a hopefully a trip to Dean and Delucca with some of our playgroup buddies for an afternoon glass of wine (for mommy, not baby!). And then tonight, we're celebrating with J because as of yesterday, we have officially paid off our student loans. It's a good day!
Here are some favorites for the week....
1. These cookies from Iowa Girl Eats! I've made them before, but it had been awhile. This is probably my favorite cookie recipe! And she doesn't lie, the recipe makes a TON of cookies!
2. On Sunday my mom had her dinner group over for a "lunch" group and she set up a Panini Bar for her guests. As soon as I saw her pictures I told her I was sharing on here. I love this idea. My mom is one creative lady!
3. When I was pregnant, I found the world's most wonderful stretchy tee's at GAP Maternity. I was obsessed and lived in them through out the end of my pregnancy. I was sad to retire them once I hit the one month post partum mark, but just recently discovered GAP sells a regular version of this shirt. It was like Christmas morning when I learned of this news! It's the tees in the Pure Body line, and I'm telling y'all. They're my favorites. They're LONG (which is important to me) and stretchy, so they don't lose their shape over the day. Seriously. Best tee ever!
4. These sippy cups from Tommee Tippee! I've started offering M a sippy with water in it through out the day, and we've tried a few different cups now, and these seem to be working the best for her. It's harder than one might think to teach a six month old how to drink from a cup. This one seems to be a good beginners cup.
5. I know I already mentioned it above, but paying off our student loans!! I usually don't talk about anything related to finances on my blog, but man...what a great feeling it is to have them paid off. We've worked really hard in our first 4.5 years of marriage to make paying those off a priority, and it's so freeing knowing that they're finally gone! I guess another of my favorites for the day could be J's detailed and perfect spreadsheets that helped us get to this point. I'm very thankful for them and for him!