Thursday, May 30, 2013

7 Months

Another month is coming to an end which means another another month in the books for M!
Last Saturday she turned seven months old. 


My sweet baby, I know I say this each month, but where is the time going? I just don't know how it's flying by so quickly.  

You continue to amaze us each day. You are getting bigger and bigger, and I'd have to say your gross motor skills are developing at lightning speed! You aren't crawling yet, but you are so close. You can scoot backwards quite well, and you're constantly getting up on all 4's and rocking and moving. You have started to show us that you know how to move those legs, but it just hasn't completely clicked yet. I'm sure you'll be all over the place soon! For now, I will continue enjoying this fun phase where you stay in one (mostly) place. You love to sit with your toys and play, and we spend a lot of our waking hours on the floor of the living room together.

You've gotten REALLY good at pulling yourself up this month. Whether it's using my hands, your crib, a laundry basket, the legs of your high chair...you can pull yourself up to your feet and you are quite proud of this accomplishment. You light up once you're on those feet. You also like to do this in the bathtub, but I'm not too happy about that. I have to sit you back down and say "bottoms down" in the tub over and over. I am hoping you'll eventually listen. That's probably wishful thinking!

No new teeth this month and from what I can tell, I don't think any are coming in soon. But you are still putting everything in your mouth. If you can get yours hands on it, you eat it!

Speaking of eating, this past month's biggest change has been your transition from an exclusive breast milk diet to breast milk PLUS solid food! We are feeding you with the mentality that "food is for fun until you're one" and letting you take the lead and explore. I would say your favorite food is steamed brocoli, but you also like sweet potatoes a lot and avocados. You've also tried watermelon, carrots, apples, pears, bananas, steak, chicken, cucumbers, blueberries, snap peas, and bell peppers. There's been nothing you've flat out hated, but you definitely enjoy some more than others. Up until now you've really only been eating dinner. You make a huge mess and eat a small amount at each meal, but I know you're definitely getting food in your belly! 

You still nurse five times a day. And I can also say that about half way through the month, your naps finally started to regulate. You transitioned from three to two naps this month and it's been a great change. You nap for about 45min-1hour in the morning and about 1.5-2 hours in the afternoon. So many people told me it would take awhile to find our nap rhythm, and it did, but now that we're here I think we're all a little happier!

One last thing I must note for this month is how much you LOVE your puppies. Rosie has become your best buddy and the two of you will just roll and play on the floor together. You pull her hair and ears, you climb on her head, and that sweet dog doesn't mind at all. She certainly is a stubborn dog and drives us crazy somedays, but then when we see her interact with you, we quickly forget all of that! Layla loves you, but it has to be on her terms! She loves to give you kisses, but she's not crazy about getting her fur pulled or being tackled. Either way, when either dog walks in the room, you light up. I love seeing this!

We love you so much little girl. Each day that passes we just fall more and more in love with you!

Stats...
Weight: 19 lbs. 3 oz.
Height: Need to measure still
Diapers: Size 3 in disposables
Clothes: 9 or 12 months. We can squeeze you into a couple 6 month things still, but not many!
Eyes: I actually think they've gotten bluer this month!
Hair: It's still coming in, but still light!

Other notes....
-You had your very first night being put down by someone other than Mom or Dad! Your Gigi came and stayed with you one evening while we went to a concert and put you to bed.
- You are making more and more sounds with syllables! Lots of Mamamamama or Dada or Bababa. I know you still have no idea what you're saying, but I love to hear it!
- You have taken a  new interest in the paci. For months you were just "so so" with it, but these days you really seem to like it when you're sleepy or worked up.

4 comments:

  1. Go M!! Shelby is in a good nap rythm too :) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this title and thought 'No way! How is she 7 months already?' It goes so fast and she is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does fly by! I love it and hate it, all at once!

      Delete
  3. I CANNOT believe she is 7 months already! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete