Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Picnics, Craft Beer, and Being a Mom

Do you ever have weekends where you hit Sunday evening and your heart is just so full because you've spent the whole weekend with "your people" and you sort of feel like you may just burst from happiness? That was totally me on Sunday evening. I just love my little family.


My husband planned a wonderful first Mother's Day for me, and little M was such a trooper being out of the house for most the day! After church, we went to Five Guys (my faaaaaavorite!) to pick up lunch to take to the park. It was such a gorgeous day in Charlotte. Perfect weather for a picnic!




After eating lunch, playing on the swings, and crawling all over mom and dad, we walked around the park some. M was out within minutes...this is a rare sight these days. She doesn't seem to fall asleep in public much anymore since she's so busy taking it all in. Poor baby was worn out!


Miraculously, we managed to transfer the sleeping baby to her car seat and headed up to NoDa to visit Birdsong Brewery. I've had their beers at restaurants in town a few times, but we hadn't been able to visit the brewery since they opened during my pregnancy. 


We quickly discovered that Mother's Day is a great time to visit a brewery tap room; hardly anyone was there. We sat out on their patio and shared a flight and some peanuts. M woke up after a her snooze and joined us at the table.


When we got home, we skyped with both of our Moms and wished them a happy Mother's Day. I love that we can still see them, even though they're 5 hours away!

There's nothing more I could have asked for on my first Mother's Day! Spending time with the two I love most, beautiful weather, and sampling some craft beer...perfection. After M went to bed we watched some Breaking Bad (we finished season 3....holy moly), which definitely made my blood pressure rise, but it was still a great ending to a wonderful day.

8 comments:

  1. We are friends with the owners of Birdsong. We rode the VA Creeper Trail with them a couple of years ago! Love their jalapeno brew!
    http://deewallaceadventures.blogspot.com/2011/04/virginia-creeper-trail-bike-ride.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Happy First Mother's Day!! M is such a cutie in all these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breaking Bad is SO SCARY. I can't stop watching though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great mother's day! We are Breaking Bad fans, although I agree, stressful at times to watch. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy first Mother's Day!!! Looked like a fun day and I love M's outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her outfit is so adorable...and of course so is M!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel she is just adorable! I love those pudgy baby legs:) Glad y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are my kind of Mother's Day activities! I still haven't tried Birdsong. Must do that.
    We love Breaking Bad too! My husband and I can't wait for the last episodes to air in August. If you haven't seen it already here's a link to Aaron Paul when he was on The Price is Right before he got really famous: http://youtu.be/zz-5z7J-V-8
    My brother showed it to me and it cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete