Friday, May 31, 2013

Five for Friday

1. Our garden! J is the real gardener and does most the work, but I water it from time to time, so we'll call it "our garden. We're growing snap peas, cucumber, three types of tomatoes, several different herbs, spinach, lettuce, and arugula. The other night we ate some cilantro from the garden in a corn salsa I made for dinner. Cannot wait till we have tomatoes! We had great success with our garden in Norfolk three years ago, but haven't gardened the past two summers due to moving and then pregnancy/J's torn ACL. Let's hope we have good luck again!


M was outside helping me take photos of the garden box!


2. THIS hilarious breakdown of Mandy Moore's 1999 video for Candy. It's a well known fact that Mandy Moore is probably my least favorite celebrity out there. The gal drives me crazy in her acting roles, so when my friend Tyler sent me this, I laughed for hours.

3. This activity table for my little stander! Since M loves to stand these days, I thought it was time to retire some of her older toys and get something that would help her stand, so I got this table from a sweet lady on Craigslist. So many of her toys are wonderful while she's interested in them, but after 2-3 months, that interest is long gone, so I hate spending $50 on each toy. Thanks to CL, I got her table for $15. Can't beat that!


4. My hydrangea! This may seem so silly, but y'all, I totally thought I had killed this plant over the winter. But low and behold....it's alive! And blooming!!! It's a spring time miracle!


5. My summer swim suit from Athleta! I've sort of been dreading swim suit season all winter so I ordered about 10 different pieces from Athleta (hooray free shipping and returns allowing me to try everything on in my home!) and ended up with this. I also love that I was able to get the top in a long for extra coverage. I've been wearing it weekly to M's swim lessons, and I've been really pleased!




9 comments:

  1. Yay for CL! We have looked there for a few things but have had no luck :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore Athleta suits last year for the first time...they were perfect for the first summer post-partum! Love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same standing activity table! Both kids used it, and oh boy they loved that thing :) and hydrangeas are pretty impressive, those puppies look like they have kicked the can in winter and they always come back (with a little watering) in the spring. (I'm a poor plant waterer. And in Southern California it is a little dry. Poor plants)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have that same table and I can't wait to bust it out for Drew! Trent played with it forever! Does the top stay down on that suit? The only other tankini I have, the top ended up being kind of billowy and was always floating up in the water which was annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks good! We barely planted ours last week so it's way behind. Still excited for when we can start eating fresh veggies though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. M is getting so big! I had to comment because Emily was looking over my shoulder and as I scrolled past the bathing suit she says, "Ooh! That looks pretty for you to wear Mommy!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a great pic of M, way to go on growing hydrangeas! I've killed numerous hydrangeas that my dad had to rescue and bring back to life lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I refer to CL as my favorite toy store. I have the app on my phone- haha, I'm always doing Little Tikes and Step 2 searches. M is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought this exact same bathing suit. Same color too:)

    ReplyDelete