Monday, May 6, 2013

Menu Monday

Tried a few new recipes this week and I'm excited to share with y'all! I have been trying hard to throw out my millions of copies of Real Simple and Everyday with Rachael Ray magazines (I have issues dating back to '04 still laying around...), but I refuse to pitch them until I go through and pull out recipes to put in my recipe binder. This has led to trying some new, and yummy dishes!

In addition to cooking a few new things, I also had some help in the kitchen. She's one helpful baby!



Okay, onto the meals! Join the link up below and share your own menu!




This was definitely a different type of salad since it was warm (and had a warm dressing), but I really liked it. A fun take on a Greek Salad.



This was such an easy and fast carbonara recipe! We grilled a basil turkey and chicken sausage from TJ's. All around easy and pleasing!



What a GREAT summer meal this was! I was a wee bit skeptical of the grilled oranges, but they were great and helped flavor the chicken some. I will definitely be making this again this summer!

Naan Pizzas with Three Bean Salad


My friend April inspired me to make these pizzas when she had an instagram picture the other night of Naan pizzas with brie and smoked salmon. Ours had brie, sliced green apple, caramelized red onions, and I topped  them with arugula after they baked. I paired them with this bean salad I found on Pinterest. Meatless meals are a  rather rare around here, but this one was a hit!



J had made this before, but I requested it again. It's a winner!

Burritos with Spicy Shredded Pork



We used habanero tortillas from TJ's, and filled our burritos with brown rice, black beans, cilantro, lime juice, cheese, and pico! Almost as good as Chipotle.

Link up your own menu below!

16 comments:

  1. Your meals always look SO GOOD. I need to work on my presentation.

    Also, I can see in that picture of M that we have the same dishwasher. Isn't THAT something weird to notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny abut the dishwasher, especially because you can barely see in the pic :)

      Delete
  2. Your wee sous chef looks adorable in her polka dots!! I love that PW spicy beef!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally love her polka dot sweater! Every time I put her in it, I wish I had one in my size!

      Delete
  3. I just pinned the spicy beef recipe to make one day! I tried to link up but not sure if it went through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're link wasn't showing up, so I added it for you :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, your naan pizzas ... what a fab idea to top with arugula! I can't wait to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for the inspiration!

      Delete
  5. I love your kitchen countertops and really want to try the orange/chicken skewers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The grits with beef sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I've made PW's shredded pork, but never the spicy beef! Putting it on my recipes to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, don't you just love the stage that M is in right now? I loved that six month mark! It seems like BLW is going well! I meant to tell you- we did super steamed carrots (big ones, not baby carrots), all the time and they were a huge hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, I just steamed our first batch of carrots for tonight after reading this! Let's hope she's a fan :)

      Delete
  9. This all looks delicious! I want to try that orange chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable is your little helper?! And we looove those TJ tortillas. Staple in our house. :)

    ReplyDelete