Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer weekends are the best!

We've had a really full and really fun weekend! I think I've mentioned this before, but one thing I love about my blog is going back and seeing what we did on a specific weekend in the past. I loved having little memories like this documented, because it's so easy to forget the fun day to day events.

Friday evening we grilled out at home and the watched a few Breaking Bad episodes. We're finally all caught up on Netflix, and we need to watch the first half of season five that aired last summer. It is such a crazy show. SO glad we jumped on the bandwagon.

Saturday we started the day with a pancake breakfast on the deck. This was M's first experience with pancakes, and as you can see, she was a fan!


After pancakes and a morning nap, we headed to the Farmer's Market and stocked up on produce. Charlotte has a few great farmer's markets and I love visiting in the summer time. I am excited to make some fried green tomatoes this week!

On Saturday evening, my good friend Sarah was celebrating her birthday at the US White Water Center. We had been wanting to visit the WWC since moving here because we had heard such great things about it, but we just hadn't taken the time to visit. Turns out, we were missing out! What a neat place! They have live music on Thursdays and Saturdays in the summer, so we put out a blanket, grabbed a few beers, and listened to the music with friends. A really fun way to spend a Saturday night!




Today has been pretty low key. Church, a big walk around the neighborhood, and I tried something new for dinner (it'll be on Menu Monday tomorrow!). I also made a Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Pie to eat after dinner tonight. My friend Faith brought it to our house for a playdate a few months ago and I've been dreaming of it since! It's pretty decadent and rich, but so good!




5 comments:

  1. I love the WWC too. What time was the concert Saturday night? Our thing is Shelby goes to bed at 7pm and starts in meltdown mode around 630pm.
    As for documenting on the blog. I love going back and looking at old posts to see what we were doing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The concert is from 7-10, we stayed till about 8:45ish, though. This is the main reason I love having M on a "later" schedule. It's really nice to be able to go out (especially in the summer) and do stuff as a family in the evenings.

      Delete
  2. Definitely will be trying this cookie pie! Always looking for a new desert to bring over to friends homes :) and this looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good!! And it makes your whole home smell fabulous! Enjoy :)

      Delete
  3. That pie looks amazing! She is growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete