Friday, August 9, 2013

5 on Friday!

Linking up with my pal April again for 5 on Friday! 


1. The Civil Wars' new self titled album. Holy smokes. This is some GOOD music. I've been a fan of theirs for awhile, and their first album was incredible. It's a favorite around our home. And I don't know about y'all, but I get a little afraid when an artist I love releases their sophomore album. Will it live up to the first? Will it be enough change that it's great or will they have gone in a whole new direction I'm just not into? This one definitely surpassed my expectations. It's fantastic. Go download it now!


I also found this quote from Joy Williams' of the group and love them even more...

"Pregnancy literally changed the makeup of my vocal cords. There's a different timbre to it now, and I love that I can hear the story of my son in my singing." - source

2. Breaking Bad begins this week!! Big thanks to my buddy Tyler for sharing this video which recaps the first 5.5 seasons in nine minutes. It's great. If you're a fan, you must watch!


"His son is Walt Jr. He eats breakfast a lot."

3. This week I've been enjoying a lot of BLT's with some Hanover tomatoes I picked up in Richmond last weekend. Anyone who has ever enjoyed a Hanover tomato, will understand why this makes my list. Those BLT's have been deeeeelicious!

4. M and I started attending a music class this week at The Baby Grocery Store in Charlotte, and it was so much fun! And even more fun, a new blog friend in Charlotte, Elizabeth, is attending the same class with her little boy who is just a little younger than M. So three cheers for music class and new friends!

5. This post from AP on her blog Love You More Than Carrots. I'm sure a lot of you already read her blog and saw this titled, "Why I Didn't Hate Breastfeeding the Second Time Around," but if you haven't....go read it. From one mom to another, I send her a virtual high five (or perhaps a clinking of glasses!). Great, great post on feeding her babies and how mommies should give themselves some grace and do what's best for their babies and themselves. Love love loved this!

11 comments:

  1. I saw your IG post about tomatoes and it made me crave a BLT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know they're on the fritz? As in NOT speaking to each other? Depressing, because the Civil Wars is one of my very favorite bands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :( :( It makes me so sad. I didn't mention it because I refuse to believe it's true!

      Delete
  3. I am the last person to get on the Breaking Bad train and I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the 9 min BB clip! Great refresher, and also, I was always kind of confused about that flash forward, so that kind of clarified it for me. Ridiculously excited for it to start again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, living in Hanover County sure does have its advantages!! HA! I went to the Hanover Tomato Festival a few weeks ago and it was sheer madnesss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to come check out your blog. LOVE that quote! And your little one is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are big fans of Breaking Bad, so we'll be tuning in for this final season!

    And I'm going to check out The Civil Wars new album!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have got to get that CD!!!! Everyone it talking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. I need to hop on the Breaking Bad bandwagon! Now that I've finished OITNB, I need something else to get addicted to! ;)
    2. Yay for a fun Mommy and me class! We must've gone through two different library storytimes AND a Gymboree class and never found one we love! Two kids later and I still don't have a great Mommy and Me class!
    3. Thank you so much for your awesome words about my post and including it in your 5 on Friday! Seriously, you made my weekend that much sweeter and I so appreciate the virtual high five and glass clinking! Hope you have a great weekend, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to start watching Breaking Bad! Everyone loves it!

    ReplyDelete