Linking up with my pal April again for 5 on Friday!
1. The Civil Wars' new self titled album. Holy smokes. This is some GOOD music. I've been a fan of theirs for awhile, and their first album was incredible. It's a favorite around our home. And I don't know about y'all, but I get a little afraid when an artist I love releases their sophomore album. Will it live up to the first? Will it be enough change that it's great or will they have gone in a whole new direction I'm just not into? This one definitely surpassed my expectations. It's fantastic. Go download it now!
I also found this quote from Joy Williams' of the group and love them even more...
"Pregnancy literally changed the makeup of my vocal cords. There's a different timbre to it now, and I love that I can hear the story of my son in my singing." - source
2. Breaking Bad begins this week!! Big thanks to my buddy Tyler for sharing this video which recaps the first 5.5 seasons in nine minutes. It's great. If you're a fan, you must watch!
"His son is Walt Jr. He eats breakfast a lot."
3. This week I've been enjoying a lot of BLT's with some Hanover tomatoes I picked up in Richmond last weekend. Anyone who has ever enjoyed a Hanover tomato, will understand why this makes my list. Those BLT's have been deeeeelicious!
4. M and I started attending a music class this week at The Baby Grocery Store in Charlotte, and it was so much fun! And even more fun, a new blog friend in Charlotte, Elizabeth, is attending the same class with her little boy who is just a little younger than M. So three cheers for music class and new friends!
5. This post from AP on her blog Love You More Than Carrots. I'm sure a lot of you already read her blog and saw this titled, "Why I Didn't Hate Breastfeeding the Second Time Around," but if you haven't....go read it. From one mom to another, I send her a virtual high five (or perhaps a clinking of glasses!). Great, great post on feeding her babies and how mommies should give themselves some grace and do what's best for their babies and themselves. Love love loved this!