Thursday, September 26, 2013

11 Months!

Yesterday my baby hit the eleven month mark. 11 MONTHS! That means that we're now in the final countdown stage to her first birthday. Can someone please hold me? I don't know where the time is going. I know it's so cliche, but I just don't get how time can move so fast. At Bible Study yesterday morning, a gal in my group brought her new baby with her and just listening to his little noises and grunts and watching him stretch his arms and turn his tiny head...I just sat there and starred at him and wondered how in the world M was ever that little? I am no where near ready to have another child, but I wish I could relive our newborn days over and over. I loved them!

But moving on....enough being sappy and emotional about my healthy, growing girl who I feel so fortunate for. She's such a joy to be around! Here's what things are looking like at eleven months old...


M, our biggest news of the month: WALKING! You took your first REAL steps on September 7, and since then it seems you walks a little more each day as your comfort level rises! It's been almost three weeks since you started, and I'd say you walk about 60% of the time and crawl the other 40%. My favorite part of your walking is her hands. They're always in the air over your head and it's the cutest!

You are now down to four nursing sessions a day, and I'm hoping to wean you down to three by your birthday, but we'll see about that! Right now you nurse when you wake (8:30sh), 12pm, 5pm, and before bed (8:30ish). I'm hoping to drop the 5pm feeding, and bump the noon feeding back to maybe closer to 1pm? We shall see. You are still doing great with solids, no real new updates there since my munchkin meals post a couple of weeks ago. One new favorite food is grapes! Oh, and you also got your first meal off the kids menu this month! We went to Cowfish for dinner the other night on a whim, and I had brought nothing for you to munch on, and since Dad and I were getting sushi, I needed to order something for you to eat. You only ate a tiny amount of your entree, but it was a fun first!

Still a super sleeper. I thank my lucky stars for this each day! Napping twice a day still, but lately your naps have become a huge playfest in your crib unless you're super tired. I can put you down for your afternoon nap at 3, and you'll play till 4:15 before falling asleep, but you honestly do play and don't fuss, so I can't complain.

Two more teeth this month! You got two more on the bottom which brings our total to eight. One came in on your 10 month birthday, and the other popped through on September 10. I thought we'd get a break before we started on your molars, but that seems doubtful. You're still chewing on everything and sticking it way back in your mouth. Poor kiddo. Must be no fun getting a mouthful of teeth in such a short period of time.

You have a new word!! DOG! Or as you say it, "Doh!" You see Rosie and Layla and immediately begin jabbering away and you definitely know that they are dogs, but you also think other furry creatures are dogs too, like the squirrel puppet at music class or the cat on our walk...we're still working on understanding that not all fuzzy friends are dogs!

One more new thing I've really start to see from you this month is a bit of an attitude. You are a strong willed little thing, and you like to get your way, and you make it known if you're not happy. I think you also are beginning to understand "No!" because I can now tell you no and you do one of two things, a) you look at me and put your bottom lip out and begin to sob or b) you look at me very seriously and then scream and squeal as loud as you can. You like to keep us on our toes!

M girl, we love you so darn much. I am going to do my best cherishing this last full month of baby before you're considered a toddler. I truly cherish being your mom and spending my days with you. I have always dreamed of this and it's a million times better than I ever imagined!

Also...in case anyone was curious, photographing an 11 month old laying on her back is TOUGH work. She made me work for one decent picture.


Stats: 
Weight: Still need to measure
Height: About 30 inches
Clothes: Pretty solid mix of 12 month or 18 month, or 12-18 month if it's from Old Navy or Baby Gap!
Diapers: Size 3 in disposables; 4 snaps open across in the BG cloth, all the way unbuttoned down.
Teeth: 8, 4 on top, 4 on bottom
Eyes: Blue
Hair: You're really beginning to rock a baby mullet! It's getting really long on the sides and in the back!

15 comments:

  1. Ah, I remember the baby mullet...Molly was totally rockin' that and I refused to cut her hair until her first birthday. So crazy how quickly the time goes. Didn't we just make your baby shower invitations?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad my child isn't the only one who rocked the baby mullet :) And yes, you DID just make my shower invites! No idea how this year has moved so quickly.

      Delete
  2. Almost a year already! Gosh, that went fast. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TOO fast!! I can't get over what a quick year it's been!

      Delete
  3. 11 months?! wow!! that was fast! she is such a doll, rachel! i love the newborn stage, too. i could hold newborn babies all day long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, girl! I just love a cuddly itty bitty newborn!!

      Delete
  4. This isn't fair... How can we make our babies stay little?? :( M is precious... I still can't believe she is walking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fastest year of our lives, isn't it? Crazy!!

      Delete
  5. Wow! My little boy is almost 11 months and I feel like I was tracking my due date based off of yours last year! I kept remembering thinking, okay she is close and I am right after!!....Now that you are posting that M is almost a year that means that my little man is almost a year! AHHHHH! Exciting, sad and crazy all at once! Oh, and the mullet - my little girl (she is three now) had a HORRIBLE one. We live in the boondocks and the joke was that she was trying to fit in here. I have NEVER cut it and she has the most beautiful hair now! We got made fun of for so long, but now I am so thankful that we toughed the mullet stage out! HA! Love our little girls and their crazy hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! It's crazy how big our babies have gotten. The year has FLOWN by! And thanks for the mullet story :) I am just hoping she gets a little more on top soon!

      Delete
  6. Drew is rocking the sassy attitude already with me at not quite 9 months. She cries mad tears when I take stuff away from her. Sigh. Also...sleep...5 weeks of on/off sickies = waking up 3 times/night. I am beyond tired! Send some of that good sleeping to Texas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh poor momma! Hope Drew gets back to sleeping for you again. I know you need the rest!

      Delete
  7. 30 inches!!?? WOW! Shelby is 28 and I thought that was tall. I'm guessing she's in the 100%percentile for her height? So exciting about her walking. I'm ready for Shelby to take her first steps but it hasn't happened yet! Shelby has 2 more teeth on the bottom and top coming in too for a total of 8!! WOOHOO! Time for us all to get together again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, M is tall! But that's no surprise with a daddy who is 6' 4" :)

      Delete
  8. I love reading these updates since our two had the same due date. It's so fun to compare. Gray is little peanut, but I still can't believe the change that happens over a year even though it's my second time around. It blows my mind. I've been in denial that his birthday is fast approaching. I refused to acknowledge all things fall because that also meant I had to accept the birthday. I think I'm finally getting there and a little thankful that he's taking his growing slowly so I can hold on to baby hood just a bit longer. He only started pulling up during this last month, but he's already unstoppable. I think every baby has some areas where they're ahead and some where they're a little behind the crowd. My boys seem to be slow on physical development-they must be focusing too much energy on eating because even though they were both tiny, they eat like grown men!

    By the way, that's exactly what our 12 month photo shoot looks like. You can almost always catch my toe in the bottom of the frame because my trick is to tickle Gray's tummy with it then quickly yank it away and hope I catch the shot before he's rolled over and taken off!

    Maggie is adorable! Can't wait to see shots of her first birthday!

    ReplyDelete