Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A very laid back Labor Day

We had a pretty mellow holiday weekend around here. A lot of our friends were out of town traveling this weekend, but we had no big plans, and that was appreciated after a weekend away last weekend (which I still need to blog about...). Other than dinner at our neighbors' home on Sunday night, we spent the rest of the weekend doing things a home, and it was perfect! Back in Virginia, Labor Day used to give me so much anxiety, because the day after Labor Day was always the start of school. It's been fun "enjoying" it the past few years!

On Labor Day, J had to do a little bit of work, but since he works from home, he still had a flexible day and we were able to go out to lunch and do a few projects around the house. We went to the Carolina Soda Shoppe for lunch for some good ol' fashioned diner food. M enjoyed some of my grilled chicken sandwich and cucumber salad, plus a few cheerios and yogurt melts. I didn't let her have any of my fried okra, but maybe next time!



My two favorites before lunch...


A couple of weeks ago, I talked about painting our living room on the blog. After some debate, we ended up going with Constant Coral from Sherwin Williams. I was originally thinking I wanted a redder color, but I like that I went with a pop of color that isn't TOO bright! We painted it about two weeks ago and I am really enjoying it!
Yesterday, we finally got around to adding curtains to the room. As you can see from these pictures, we had a lot of help. Here's the room before the curtains...and when I say "before the curtains" I really just mean when M was using the curtains as a toy!




And here's the "After" 
(also...with no baby toys thrown all over the place!)


I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out! Now I just need to get some artwork up on the walls, touch up my mantle for fall, and our living room will be done! The rest of our Labor Day was spent playing, because that's about all we do at ten months old these days!



 Hope you had a fun, holiday weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love your living room, looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allena! I'm really pleased with the way it has turned out!

      Delete
  2. The room does look great and that last picture is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete