Monday, September 9, 2013

Sunday Funday

Yesterday we had big plans to go to Lowe's and get a few things don around the house. But at the last minute we changed our minds and decided to go to the Charlotte Greek Festival. It was crowded and hot, but we still had a fun time and enjoyed some Greek food and some Greek dancing!


M was a little mesmerized by the dancing!


Also, funny side note...when we got her out of the car, we noticed she snuck a measuring spoon out the house with her. This crazy child then proceeded to carry it all over the festival in her stroller. Seriously. Babies are so weird, yet hilarious!


We left the festival after about an hour, but didn't head home right away. Instead we went to a park nearby for some swinging and some playing. Forgive me for the photo overload, but I just had too many cute ones to choose from!







I just adore this one...


This picture makes me laugh...she started by sitting at the bottom of this steep hill, and in a matter of minutes she had made it to the top. This child is fast.


On Saturday morning, she took her first unassisted steps (insert proud mommy clapping here!), and we did a little practice at the park, but mostly holding on to mom and dad's hands since she's still pretty unsure about the whole thing.





And this...these two photos just kill me and sum up my child so well. When it was time to go, I scooped her up and she was NOT happy about having to go home....


But her clever dad immediately started to sing one of the silly songs she likes, and BAM! Back to her happy self.


5 comments:

  1. Those last two pictures are so sweet! Two gorgeous girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't do the inside of Greek Fest this year because we had a lot going on this weekend, but I went through the "drive-thru" with a co-worker on Friday to get gyros and Greek pastries :) You guys are so good about taking quality pictures of M and you together! I feel like I'm the Iphone queen of baby pictures and rarely get my DSLR out anymore. I need to start taking better pictures of Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what it is about crying pictures, but I just love them. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the Greek festival; so sad we missed it!

    Love M's dress and HOORAY for first steps! :)

    ReplyDelete