Wednesday, October 16, 2013

some of the good.

I've spent the past few days, sort of feeling grumpy and bitter. Last week was one of those weeks where I just felt like I was in a funk. Nothing in particular made me feel this way; just little things here and there, and honestly, I've just had a bad attitude. I thought about blogging about some of the things that have been not so great, but really...who wants to read that? Instead, how about a list of all the good in my life right now?
  • M's birthday party! I've had so much fun planning for her little party that's happening at the end of the month. I'm really not a party planner, but it's been fun putting together some crafts and fun things for the big day!
  • The Archer Farms k-cups from Target. I know that may seem like a silly thing to put on this list, but I am really digging my vanilla bean creme brûlée coffee each morning.
  • Our dogs. A year ago at this time, the thing that worried me most about bringing home a baby was how it would change the lives of our dogs, Layla and Rosie. I was a basket case the morning we left for the hospital, mainly because my pups had no clue how their lives were about to change. Here we are almost a full years later, and I'm so so happy at how much they love M and she loves them. Layla still has her moments where she will let us know she doesn't want to be around the baby, but for the most part, it has been so fun and so neat seeing their relationship develop.
  • A few nights ago, I got the brilliant idea to make a Phil Collins pandora channel, and well...it's been life changing (slight exaggeration!). It's a fabulous combo of the best music from the 80's (think...Journey, Genesis, Foreigner, Rick Springfield...)
  • Breastfeeding. I really owe a full post to this, but I have to be honest and say I am so so grateful that M and I have made it a year nursing. This was a goal I had, not one I published on here or really told anyone about, but I'm really darn proud that we've (almost) done it. Nursing my baby has been one of my favorite parts of motherhood, and I know that as we begin to wean (I'm not in a rush, but I know it's going to happen sooner, rather than later), I will really miss our quiet moments in her glider together (even though some of those moments are NOT  so quiet anymore, and she's smacking my face and trying to nurse while doing a handstand...).
  • The new album from The Avett Brothers, Magpie and the Dandelion. Good stuff.
  • Cheerios. Don't know how we'd successfully get through most of our errands without these little snacks and the quiet they provide. And that is why they made my list of "good!"
  • Finding a pair of skinny jeans for a very reasonable price that fit me and STILL fit me after 3 or 4 wears. One thing that irks me is jeans that fit for one wear and then need another wash so they don't feel stretched anymore. I think I've finally found a pair that works for me...and they're from Old Navy!
  • The look M gets on her face when we show up at the park these days. She love, love, loves to swing, and her excitement is just contagious. And pretty hilarious.
  • A husband who works from home. We have our days where I think we all feel a little cramped being home together, but overall, I think it's pretty cool that J gets to see so much of his daughter, and we never feel like he misses out on any of her big moments. It's definitely a blessing having him here on a daily basis. And it's super helpful. Just the other day I did our grocery shopping during her nap time while he worked downstairs. I feel really fortunate. 
  • My best friend from home is getting married in December to a fabulous guy, and not only am I thrilled for her, but this weekend I'm attending a bridal shower for her, and in two weeks I get to celebrate her some more at her bachelorette party. I am so excited to not only celebrate, but this also means I get to see her TWICE in the next month, which doesn't happen often since she lives about 400 miles away!
  • FALL. Need I say more?

4 comments:

  1. I love that you found so many positive things to blog about when you had some not so positive things. I really need to work on finding the positives! Can't wait for M's party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on (almost) making it a year nursing with Maggie. It was a goal of mine as well and such a special accomplishment! I was sad when it ended, but happy to have my body back for almost a year before getting pregnant again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is something I really needed to read to remind me of the positives in my own life. I've been in a funk myself--so this came at a good time! (good thing I'm behind on my blog reading!) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that :) Hope your week turns around and is a good one :)

      Delete