Oh my little blog, how I have missed you this past week!
Last Thursday, after I wrote about our Halloween neighborhood party, my computer decided to just crash on me. After one trip to the Apple store last month, I went back, and ended up getting it wiped clean with a new ram and new hardware (thank goodness for our Apple Time Machine for backing everything up for me). The Apple Store called me yesterday and I was able to pick it up again. All of this to say, I've had so much I've wanted to blog about, but no computer to blog on! And I've missed my little home here on the web.
Since it's Friday, I figured I'd play along with April and friends for Five on Friday!
This week's 5: 5 Things I didn't get to blog about this week since I was computer-less...
1. Ears! As of this week, M can now show you where her ears are, with all the excitement and gusto you could possibly wrap up into one tiny person. And it's pretty darn adorable.
2. Last weekend I had my first night away from the baby since she was born last October...and it was absolutely wonderful. Being a nursing mom, getting away for a long period of time isn't easy, but now that her feedings have really decreased, it's certainly doable! My best friend from home is getting married in December. so we celebrated with her for her bachelorette party in the mountains of Virginia at a spa with all her close friends. I could not have asked for a better first night away from my girl! Nothing beats a day at the spa in the mountains and a fun night out with friends. Also?? I should add that M and J did just fine without me!
(PS....thank goodness for good instagram filters that hide super greasy hair...my masseuse was way into rubbing her hands through my hair, and after 2 shampoos that afternoon, I gave in and embraced the greasy look!)
3. Now that I have my computer back, I can blog all about M's first birthday party! That's at the top of my list for next week! I cannot wait to share!
4. Starting to think about Christmas and all the fun and shopping that comes along with that. I've started to make some lists and do some brainstorming for some gifts, but I really need to get the ball rolling. I wish I were one of those people who had all my shopping done by now, but alas, I don't think that will ever be me! And on a semi related note...I walked through The Container Store today, and me oh my...they have some CUTE Christmas gift wrap! I really don't need any wrapping paper for gifts this year, but I almost picked up a roll of two today!
5. I started watching Scandal. Finally! After months and months of hearing about it on twitter, and then my BFF and my mom telling me to watch it, I've given in. And turns out....they were all right. It's pretty addictive!