1. We'll start with celebrating my fabulous friend Tyler and her upcoming nuptials! In the middle of October I headed to Richmond for a bridal shower for her. It was a rainy, gross day, but a beautiful shower for an even more beautiful bride to be (Tyler's in the black and white).
And then two weeks after her shower, was when I headed back up to the mountains in Virginia for her Bachelorette party (I mentioned that here). I love this picture of her with all of her best friends. We had such a great time!
2. While in Virginia for Tyler's shower, M was spoiled rotten by my parents. They got her this car for her birthday and she is a huge fan. If you follow me on instgram, I know you've probably seen a bunch of pictures of her on this thing, but that's only because she loves it!
Also, while we were in Richmond we got to meet up and walk with my good friend Jeanne who just had a baby girl in the middle of September. So fun meeting her little one. I can't believe we both have baby girls now.
3. M started her second round of swim lessons, and it's amazing how much more she's capable of now compared to when we did them when she was 6-8 months. And like last time, I'm pretty sure there's nothing cuter than watching your little one swim with her daddy!
4. We celebrated Halloween! And like everyone else, I think my child was the most adorable thing in the world in her costume! It was a fun second Halloween for us. Last year she was just 6 days old, so we didn't do anything but snuggle all day. This year we carved pumpkins and she went to a few homes to trick or treat and had a ball hamming it up for everyone in her costume (pun definitely intended).
5. One of my biggest blessings in my first year of motherhood has been finding a group of other new moms. I met all of these wonderful gals and their babies through a giant Charlotte playgroup on meetup last December, and since then we've sort of evolved and begun our own little group, and I couldn't be more thankful for the camaraderie and support I have found in these mamas. And in addition to all of this, they all have super cute kiddos that M likes to play with! We decided to have a holiday party for our group with our husbands, but with December being the crazy month that it is, we had our get together this past weekend, and it was such a nice night out (and a fun excuse to dress up which doesn't happen often these days!) without the babies.
6. And FINALLY, I posted a picture of our dinner on instagram last night and I had a lot of requests for the recipe, and since it's sort of a pain to link to recipes there, I thought I'd do it here instead. We had Southwest Chili Con Queso Pasta Bake (a pinterest find) and it was quite delicious! A fun twist on traditional pasta bakes. Here's the recipe (I only did one pound of ground beef and subbed green chiles for jalapeno)!