Monday, November 11, 2013

Piggy Party: The Details

For M's first birthday party, we decided to really embrace her nickname of Piglet, and go with a Piggy Party theme! I initially told J I wasn't going to even do a big party or have a theme, because if we're really being honest, throwing a party isn't my forte. But...as we got closer and closer to the big day, throwing a small party for some good friends and family sounded like a fun idea. Plus, birthday crafting is a great way to distract yourself from the fact that you're tiny little newborn is now a walking toddler. 

I designed the invitations myself in Photoshop Elements. I got the piggy graphic from MyGrafico, and the penant banner clip art came from this etsy shop. 


Overall, I kept decorations pretty simple, but I did have some fun putting it altogether!


I made the banner with my mom's cricut machine. 



I made a simple wreath for the door, hope to use it for future birthdays since I can easily remove the pig I added to it!


Our mantle...here I displayed all of her monthly pictures along with a chalkboard sign I made and had printed for the big day...


Here's a close up of her chalkboard sign. I LOVE how it turned out and sort of want to start my own shop on Etsy making these. I had a lot of fun putting it all together! 


Also...HUGE thanks to Lindsey from Sweet Simplicity for helping me with this. I was inspired by her chalkboard sign she made for her sweet boy this past summer, and she helped answer a lot of my questions.

The food table! We had barbecue, coleslaw, mac and cheese, chex mix, and potato chips.


Lemonade and cupcakes in the kitchen


We also had beer and water outside...including this peach ale from Terrapin Brewery. Take note of the name of this brew!



A better picture of the cupcakes. These were made by two of my good friends, Sarah and Alex. Didn't they do a fabulous job? My mom and I made the toppers.




M's adorable 1 + Piggy outfit! 
This came from Hether at The Ditsy Daisy Boutique. She did such a great job! 


Also...you can see our party favors in M's hands here...pig noses!


And finally....her smash cake! This was also made by Sarah and Alex. Seriously. Could it be any more perfect?! They call themselves amateurs, but I think they could go into business. It was even more beautiful in person and tasted amazing!


And there ya have it!

I have so many more photos from the party of M digging into her cake and enjoying time with buddies and family. I'll share those later this week. Sorry for the picture overload!

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this party is so adorable!! I love the theme and all of your decorations...I need to invest in a cricut! And if you open an etsy shop, I'll for sure buy one of those chalkboard prints! That turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! Love the theme, too! You did a great job! What a doll she is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all just too cute! Maggie's PANTS?? TO DIE FOR. Can I get a pair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I second the order for your etsy shop!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The piggy nose party favors are a hoot! Maggie looks precious in her birthday outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, everything is absolutely adorable! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am FASCINATED by the chalkboard sign. The party is adorable, all around, but the chalkboard sign is a creative and fun idea. Can you post more details?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything turned out so cute!! The chalkboard sign looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a great job on everything, Rachel. It was the perfect party for your little piglet!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I hope you open your shop ASAP because we need one of those signs!!! The party was absolutely perfect...just enough pig, pink and party all wrapped in one! Pig snout favors for the win!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Start an easy shop! I'll be one of your first orders :) What a perfect party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT job Mama! Her outfit makes her look like such a big girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Her party was adorable and I love her outfit! If you decide yo sell those chalkboard signs please let me know. I might seriously be interested for Ashlyn's party in 2 months.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sweet! Looks like a successful first birthday party to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Um. I want a chalkboard sign for Drew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looked fantastic! I love that chalkboard sign you made!

    ReplyDelete