Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas in Virginia

Oh my my. Christmas 2013 has already come and gone and it feels like we just celebrated Halloween. This past fall and holiday season has just flown by. That might have something to do with many holidays, all three of our birthdays, and two trips to Virginia...but now that it's all over, I'm sort of wishing I could have just hit pause in the middle of it all! Now that M is a mobile, busy toddler, life is pretty exhausting, but gosh, it's also a lot of fun!

Get ready for a lot of pictures! I was going to break this up into a few posts, but I decided it'd be simpler to just put it all in one. Again...lots of pictures below!

We headed up to Virginia to see our families on Sunday, December 22. After a LONG, sleepless drive, we got to my in-laws late Sunday evening. By the next morning, M was ready to go and helped her Grampy make everyone breakfast!


We celebrated Christmas with J's family (his parents, his sister and her boyfriend + her three girls, and J's brother and his new wife) on Monday evening. It was fun seeing everyone and getting to open hundreds of presents and sharing a big meal with them all. And we finished the night with a big game of Nertz! 






On Tuesday morning, Christmas Eve, J and I met my parents and brother for our annual Christmas Eve movie. This year's choice was Saving Mr. Banks. I loved it....not sure if my husband felt the same way. My sweet mother in law and nieces stayed with M so we could enjoy the movie with my family. After the movie, we headed back to the in-laws to get M, and we headed over (with presents and cookies!) to my parents' house. We spent Christmas Eve enjoying stuffed shells made by mom and then flipped through the Christmas movies on TV. J's favorite Christmas movie is Die Hard (is this really a Christmas movie?), but unfortunately, we couldn't find it on any channels!


We put out some cookies for Santa
(she really just wanted to eat them herself...)


And sure enough, Santa came and left a few gifts!


She was pretty pumped to wake up to so many new toys (and a sleep sack!) the next morning!




After we opened presents and had breakfast, we headed to my grandparents who live about two hours north of my parents. We got to have Christmas number three here with them and my aunt, uncle, and two cousins.



Our little family of three!


We headed back to my parents until the 27th, where we got to spend time visiting with other friends, seeing the lights in downtown Richmond, playing games, and eating cookies! 






We also taught M how to throw coins into a fountain!



It was a fun Christmas week in Virginia! M had a great time with all of her family, and it makes me even more excited for next year when I know she'll be even more into it!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. That picture of M and your brother is adorable. Beyond adorable. Looked like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of Maggie and your brother!!! Absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great you got to see all your family while there! It can be hard to balance everyone with the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to see Saving Mr. Banks over the holidays too! It was good! I'm loving all of Maggie's Christmas outfits in this post...you'll have to share your shopping secrets with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great gifts! We love our Rody and Little Blue Truck is one of our fave books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete