M girl....you are a ball of fun right now! It's amazing how much you've changed since your birthday three months ago! I just went a reread the letter I wrote you from October, and my oh my, a lot has changed since then. Here's a quick run down at what's been going on in your life these past couple of months....
- You've become a much better eater. You took a long time to really start eating three full meals, but once we dropped all your day time nursing sessions (we're down to just morning and night, dropped the mid morning feeding right after your birthday, and the afternoon feeding right after Thanksgiving), your appetite has really picked up and you typically eat a lot at all 3 meals, and have a snack or two through out the day. For breakfast you love scrambled eggs, fruit, oatmeal, and waffles with peanut butter; for lunch you typically eat some combo of peanut butter and jelly, soup, Annie's white cheddar mac & cheese, peas, apple sauce, fruit, yogurt, cherry tomatoes and string cheese; for dinner you usually eat a little of whatever we make and sometimes you'll eat yogurt with it or roasted sweet potatoes...you love when we have spaghetti and chili! You also love Chipotle....you're a big fan of pulled pork and black beans and rice!
- You drink water out of your straw cup all day long. Or out of whatever water bottle Mommy and Daddy are using! You really won't drink any milk (cow or breast milk) out of it during the day, but we have successfully left you with Daddy when Mommy has been out in the evening, and you'll successfully drink breast milk from a cup for him before bed.
- WORDS! Perhaps the biggest change between 12 and 15 months has been the words you've added to your vocabulary. I'm going to do my best to remember them all!
- MORE! (This one gets used ALL.DAY.LONG!)
- All done
- Bye Bye
- Gigi (she says this when she wants to skype with my mom)
- Hi (often sounds like Hi-ya!)
- Night Night (ny ny)
- Ball (but comes out as a-ball)
- No (which is often said no-no-no-no-no while you shake your head)
- Teeth (sounds like ttttttttt)
- Belly button (beh-buh)
- Water (sort of sounds like all done, and I'm only about 75% sure it means water?)
- Animal sounds you make: Cat (meow meow), Dog (you growl since that's what Rosie and Layla do when wrestling), Owl (hoo hoo!), Cow (moo), Sheep (baaaaa), Cookie Monster (you make a noise in a gravely voice), Lion (growl), Bear (growl).
- You love to give kisses...to people you love and to your stuffed animals and dogs. You also have several books with pictures of real animals in them, and it makes me laugh when you stop me from turning the page so you can kiss the animals.
- After almost a two month transition (that was quite rough on all of us, I might add), you're finally down to one nap as of early/mid January. You now nap once a day around 1:30 - 3. Some days it's a little longer, and some days it's only 45 minutes. Those 45 minute days are rough, but we're learning. You usually sleep about 11 hours at night (8:30pm -7:30am), but sometimes it's 10 and sometimes it's 12.
- On most days, you usually wake up quite grumpy, in the morning and after your nap. In the morning you nurse and then you're usually a happy camper, but in the afternoon, we usually come downstairs with your sleep sack still on and you eat a snack and we snuggle and watch an episode of Daniel Tiger on Netflix. It's one of my favorite routines in the day because you're so sweet and cuddly. By the time we finish the first half of the show, you're usually back to being your smiley, happy self!
- You LOVE books. And when I say love, I really mean you're completely obsessed. You bring me books all day long and curl up in my lap to listen. It is adorable. And it's also one of the few times during the day that I can keep you still.
- You still don't like the car. Occasionally you tolerate it, but almost always you cry and fuss wherever we go, even if it's five minutes down the road. My backseat is a MESS because it's full of toys, books, and other distraction items to keep you happy.
- No surprise here, but you're a strong willed little girl! You do what you want and you are trying hard to test your boundaries. The main reasons you get in trouble: pulling the dogs' tails, playing in the kitchen trash, trying to pull the lamp in the living room, and dropping food when you don't want it. For awhile you were biting when you go mad at us, but that seems to have ended...for now at least!
- When we pretend to smell your feet and then say "Peeeee-UUUUUU" you laugh hysterically and then immediately say, "more!"
- You love skype and become so excited every time someone pops up on the screen.
- You've been doing better when we leave you with a stranger or a friend. You have had a handful of "good" weeks in the nursery at church, and the past 2 times we've left you with a sitter, we've gotten a good report.
- You now have 12 teeth! You got all molars right around Christmas and New Years, and it proved to be much more difficult than those first 8 teeth. We had some rough nights and grumpy days, but thankfully we're past that now.
- When you're soothing yourself before bed or if you're upset, you take one of your lovies (you have 3), and rub the tag in your ear. It's adorable. You laugh hysterically if Daddy or I rub it on our own ears.
Sweet girl, you are getting bigger and bigger by the day!
We love you to pieces!
Weight: 23 lbs. 3 oz. (76%)
Height: 32 inches (85%)
Clothes: All of your 12-18 month things are getting too tight. I just bought you a bunch of 18-24 month items a couple of days ago.
Diapers: Size 4 in disposables; 5 snaps open across in the BG cloth, all the way unbuttoned down.
Hair: Lots of hair is finally coming in. Very light brown.