Tuesday, February 4, 2014

DIY Necklace Holder

This past weekend, I put together a relatively quick and easy project to help me reign in the mess that was my necklace collection. I had necklaces all over our bedroom, and it was becoming a big problem because a certain toddler kept pulling them off of dressers to wear herself. 
After perusing Etsy and Pinterest for some inspiration, I found a few ideas and came up with a plan. We already had most of the supplies, all I needed was some hooks.  

Supplies:
Piece of wood (we had a scrap in our shed I used)
Acrylic Paint and Foam Brush (had these)
Drill (Not necessary, but made it much easier to screw the hooks in)
(Also, I should mention I sanded the edges of my block of wood with our sander before painting)

Steps:
As far as directions go, it didn't take many steps! 
Just paint, drill, and screw in your hooks, and then your done. 
J attached it to the wall for me with two screws.


Voila! 
The necklace collection has been wrangled!



This is my kind of project! 
Quick, cheap (it cost us less $3!), and easy!

6 comments:

  1. Love it!! I need to do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great & easy DIY...I definitely need to do this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I got letter hooks to spell out my initials a few years ago that hold my necklaces- having them displayed also makes it much more likely you'll wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I have a similar one and I use it CONSTANTLY. Such a genius move, and it 's soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

  5. This is such an interesting blog. You are very knowledgeable about this subject. Please check out my site.
    uniquedesignsjewelry

    ReplyDelete