Friday, February 28, 2014

Five on Friday

Linking up with April and friends for Five on Friday!


1. I ran into Wal-Mart with M last week to pick up a few things and I fell in love with these cute dresses in the little girl's section. And they were only $4.97 each! Precious for summertime playing!


2. My sweet friend Nina is an amazing cook and has a blog full of great recipes (Peace, Love, and Good Food). Last week I got to try her Roasted Beet Hummus and oh my word, it was delicious! I don't even like beets, but I could have eaten the whole bowl. Visit her blog for the recipe!


3. If you're a french onion soup fan, run, don't walk, to Trader Joe's and get this! They're frozen cups of soup and they are GOOD! Almost as good as Panera! And they have croutons and cheese in them already. Seriously....delicious! And under 300 calories are in a bowl!


4. I couldn't tell you the last time I went to a JC Penny, but we were at a mall last weekend that had one in it, so I ventured in after hearing so many great things about them from a few friends recently and was really amazed at the cute clothes and prices. I am pretty much in love with this flowy tunic top I got in 2 colors. And it was only $19.99!


5. My church (New Charlotte Church) is doing such a great sermon series right now called, City Changers. 


And after just one week, it has had me thinking about my role in my city/neighborhood in a way I never have before. One thing I love about my church is how we partner alongside a Title I school here in Charlotte in a way I've never seen before. The teacher in me loves to see the students and staffs at this school get so much support and help from a group of caring community members, and the Christian in me is inspired and moved by the mentors and volunteers who give so selflessly. This is what Jesus is all about. This video from December does a good job at showing the relationship our church has with the school. 



Happy Weekend Friends!

14 comments:

  1. Oh those dresses are SO cute! I might have to slip over to Walmart this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those tunics from JCP! I grabbed that pinky colored one in store, and promptly ordered the other 3 colors the next day! It is the perfect top- I can dress it up for work, and with boyfriend jeans (or shorts, if it ever gets warm!) for weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dresses are adorable! And my hometown has a JCP. There's not a mall or anything, but just a random JCP on Main Street and once in awhile I venture in there and they definitely have cute things sometimes. They usually have great deals on workout clothes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Thanks for sharing my recipe :) See you girls next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've bought Shelby a few things from Wally World too. No shame in my game! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the french onion soup at Trader Joe's!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a huge fan of french onion soup, so I can't wait to try the Trader Joes recommendation! Hopefully I can get there this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my friends was talking about how wonderful JC Penny has been. That tunic is adorable and you can't beat the price. Going to have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Walmart and JC Penny...who knew?! That's so great your church is partnering with a Title I school! A church did some great things for us when I taught at NFE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all about the cute, cheap clothes from Walmart! And I haven't been to JCP recently, but it looks like I need to make a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm making my first trip to Trader Joe's next week, I'll have to find that soup:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That top is so cute- might have to check it out! Also, you always make me wish that there was a Trader Joe's by me- jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those dresses! Those tops! I love them! Our church is really involved in the community as well and I LOVE it. Makes me even more proud to be in Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those dresses! Those tops! I love! Our church is really involved in the community as well and I LOVE it. Makes me even more proud to call Charlotte home :)

    ReplyDelete