Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Only 6 more weeks until...

In 2013, we celebrated five years of marriage and I turned 30. Both are big milestones, and while we celebrated small at home, we're now gearing up to celebrate a little bit more with a trip to NAPA! 


I just wasn't ready to leave M last year (plus she was still nursing multiple times a day then), but I think it's safe to say that we (J, M, and myself!) are all ready for this. Plus she'll be in great hands with grandparents while we're away and will probably never think twice about the fact that we'll be away for five and half days.

We have our plane tickets booked and a place to stay, and I've done a little bit of research on wineries and restaurants in the area, but I'd love to hear any suggestions you may if you've been to Napa! If you've written a blog post on Napa, please share the link! 

We're also going to spend about two days in San Francisco. Any great recommendations for good eats there? Breweries? Other must sees?


14 comments:

  1. go and search my blog for Napa. Tons of recs. FUN! Where are ya'll staying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I've been to San Francisco a couple of times for work. I want to go back with Ty. It is such a fun city. I would also love to go to the Redwood Forest. Here are some links to my blog posts: http://www.sweetsimplicityblog.com/2010/11/city-by-bay.html#uds-search-results
    I don't think Crown and Crumpet is still located in the same place. I'm not sure J would enjoy it anyways. :)
    I ran across this blog yesterday and she has a whole category dedicated to SF. I bookmarked it for future trips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee's recs were AMAZING when J and I were planning our honeymoon in Napa. I have a few on BHB also, you are going to have an absolute blast. Email me if you want more details! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take a winery bus tour - trust me. They are kind of expensive, but you see some places you wouldn't have known about otherwise and you don't have to worry about driving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I've already sent this to you on twitter, but here's what we did: http://notintentonarriving.blogspot.com/2014/01/west-coast-wedding-extravaganza-day-6.html and http://notintentonarriving.blogspot.com/2013/12/west-coast-wedding-extravaganza-day-5.html. We had a fantastic time, and I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so fun! What a fun getaway for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to Napa, but I did go to Sonoma...if you guys end up venturing over there, let me know so I can give you recs. :) In San Fran, my friend took me to a really good Italian restaurant called Firenze by Night. We also went to this place where you had to go down a slide to get it, but I can't remember what it was called! Have SO much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I have some post on Sonoma/Napa and San Francisco you can check out.
    http://www.keyingredients.me/travel
    I would highly recommend going to Pride and Artesa (do the wine and cheese pairing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to look now! Thanks friend :)

      Delete
  9. So fun!!! Our next big trip (sans kids) will probably be San Francisco! We've never been so I'm dying to go. I will look forward to your blog post on SF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister lives in SF now! Please don't miss the farmers market! Blue bottle coffee is worth it! Foriegn Cinema is our favorite restaurant (the mission). Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh have fun! It sounds like a blast, can't wait to read the recap posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must eat at The French Laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! I'm right by both places! In Napa make sure to visit the Castle Winery! Every stone was brought over from Italy. In San Francisco head down to the Embarcadero and see the Cupid Span. A great place to eat at in SF is Mama's. Get there really early because if not there is a line.

    ReplyDelete