Friday, March 21, 2014

5 on Friday

Linking up with April and friends today!



1. This free printable from Yellow Bliss Road. A beautiful print for Easter! 


2. The Voice is back! I was a big American Idol fan back in the Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken days, but it's been a long time since I've enjoyed a reality competition show as much as I love The Voice. I have a few favorites already this season!


3. Last week I checked out The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook from my library. I'd never the library for cookbooks before, but I had been thinking of buying this cookbook, and then I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to just check it out and decide if it was worth buying or not. I think I need to own this one now! On Monday I made Balsamic and Beer-Braised Short Ribs with Parsnip Purée from the book, and oh my my. It was simply delicious!


4. We just finished up a short 6 week study at my Wednesday morning Bible Study, and next week we're beginning Sacred Secrets by Beth Moore. Anyone done this one? I love her studies and I'm really looking forward to the start of this one!


and last but not least...

5. MARCH MADNESS! I don't care about basketball at ALL for the rest of the season, but I love filling in my bracket and watching the games.  I think this all began back in '08 when I filled out a bracket on a whim in a pool of friends and ended up getting second place out of 25 people. Since then, I've been hooked,




7 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with just watching Blake! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to use the library for cookbooks, I will be on today searching for some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way when it comes to college basketball. I don't care until March Madness. Great idea to get a cookbook from a library before you buy it. Those books aren't cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her studies, I was at the conference she supposedly based that study on so I held off of getting it. Saving a link to that printable now:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always do that with library cookbooks...it's a good way to preview the book to make sure it's worthy of a prominent space on your bookcase! Glad to hear that this one was a keeper!

    ReplyDelete