Linking up with April today!
I was originally going to call this a summer bucket list, but I think "summer priorities" might be a better name. Here's what I'm aiming to do and accomplish this summer. If we only get to accomplish these 5 things, then I'll call our summer a success!
1. Join a pool! We're Y members, and while our Y has a great splash park, it is so so SO crowded all summer with camps of kids who are playing with no parental supervision. We want to join a pool that is not so wild 95% of the time and where we can go have fun and relax (is that possible with a 19 month old?) some.
2. Pull out the sprinkler! We haven't done this one yet, but I'm waiting for a hot summer evening to bust out our sprinkler in the front yard with some popsicles for that last hour between dinner and bedtime. I think someone might be a fan!
3. At home happy hours! I want to open our home up to friends (and their little ones) for Friday night happy hours, or heck really any day of the week. It's getting harder and harder to go out to eat and go to restaurants with M these days, so we're going to embrace it and start to bring the fun home with friends. Plus, it's way cheaper to socialize and eat and drink at home!
4. Cabin weekend! Every summer we look forward to visiting our friends' cabin in the mountains in VA on the Maury River. While I'm slightly nervous on how our little one will sleep for us there this year, I think she will have a ball by the water. And her dad is crazy excited to go on walks to show her cows. It's the little things I suppose.
5. Clean up and organize and make our play room/J's office (it's one giant room) 100% functional and usable. Right now it's so mismatched and not a place I like in our home. I am so determined to get it to a point where I love it by the end of the summer. I'll be sure to share once we reach that point! Hopefully putting this out here on the blog will help keep me accountable.
What's on your summer agenda??