Wednesday, May 7, 2014

18 Months Update...


At the end of April, we celebrated a certain little lady's half birthday. I've gone from being a mom to a 12 month old to an 18 month old in the blink of an eye, but these two ages feel so very very different! We are into full on toddler mode here. Here's a little bit of what life is like these days....forgive me for the random list! So many thoughts to jot down!
  • You're afraid of bugs. If you see an ant outside, you'll point and scream and start to cry if someone doesn't come to move the bug. This is part hilarious and part VERY frustrating.
  • You don't like to ride in your stroller much anymore. We'd love to take big family walks in the evening, but you only tolerate about 10 minutes in your stroller until you begin shouting "ALL DONE!"
  • You eat pretty much any and everything, and clean your plate (except for the crust on sandwiches!) at most meals. Speaking of eating, you love to eat outside and have picnics!
  • Still holding strong at 12 teeth. Those darn eye teeth have been SO close for about 2 months now, but nothing has poked through your gums yet. 
  • You love your baby dolls and stuffed animals. We can't leave the house without "bebe" or stuffed dog. Speaking of dogs, you also have a few plastic dog figurines that you love to carry around with you. My favorite thing is to tell you different commands for your dogs (Make them jump/dance/run) and you'll do it. 
  • Nothing holds your attention better than books. You could listen to me read books all day or you're usually pretty happy to sit in your room with your books scattered all around you and as you look through them all.
  • You can now run and you have become a pretty awesome climber. You can also go down the slide all by yourself. And just the other night, you climbed a whole chain thing (great description, I know) to get to the top of the playground equipment. You're gross motor skills are pretty advanced. But you're skinned knees also show that you're still learning!
  • Playing with crayons and stickers is a new favorite activity at home and at restaurants.
  • You absolutely adore being outside. We spend about half of our waking hours outside if the sun is out!
  • Your vocabulary is insanely good for a girl your age. When I filled out your questionnaire for the pediatrician last week, it asked if you had at least 4 words. This made me chuckle, because I'd say you have closer to 40 words right now. Just a few of your new favorites: Blue, Red, Two (anything that there is more than one of), Shoes, Uh-Vee (lovey), Cheese, Naks (snacks), Bah (bottle/water bottle), Bebe, Moon...my list could go on and on!
  • Taking you out and about is either so much fun because you're so engaged and it's a fun new adventure and you're the world's greatest little sidekick, or it's a complete mess because you want to be doing something I won't let you do. It's definitely a tough age, but also so fun because your mind is like a little sponge right now and I can constantly see the wheels turning.
  • You give incredible hugs! And although you're not a big cuddler during the day, you let me snuggle with you every night before bed when I sing to you. You've also started singing along at night time and it's pretty much the cutest thing ever.
  • When you're misbehaving and you know I am not happy with you, you put your face close to mine, and say "HI! Momma! HI!" and smile really big. While I know I'm not supposed to laugh at this, it's pretty much impossible to keep a straight face.
  • One thing you LOVE is going to library story time on Tuesday and getting a stamp, on each hand, at the end. You are brave enough now to go up by yourself to get your stamp. and the look on your face as you walk back to me with two stamped hands is a pure satisfaction. I love this.
  • It's amazing how good you are at bed and nap time right now. I think it's because you play SO hard all day, that you're so ready for sleep. You are usually out in under five minutes.
  • You've started to slowly interact with other kids (at play dates, the playground, library, music class). It's neat watching you branch out and play without mommy or daddy.
  • It's still not GREAT, but you are becoming a better car rider. I think it helps that I can "talk" to you in the car, and we now have a Daniel Tiger Soundtrack that we listen to wherever we go. It's nice to be able to go to the grocery store without screaming (most of the time!).
We love you M girl! Every night you go to bed, and Daddy and I say, "Man, I miss her!"



Stats
Weight: 24 lbs. 3 oz. 
Height: 33 inches 
Clothes: Mostly 24M and a few 2T things.
Diapers: Size 4 in disposables; 5 snaps open across in the BG cloth, all the way unbuttoned down.
Teeth:12
Eyes: Blue
Hair: You have so much and it's so so light! 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Momma! LOL!! I'm dying. That is really funny!! One of Shelby's eye teeth broke through the weekend of Queens Cup. She wasn't a happy camper :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading all of these updates! She is quite the lil girl, all grown up! I love that you all miss her when she goes to bed...precious!

    ReplyDelete