Friday, May 30, 2014

5 on Friday: Summer Priorities

Linking up with April today!



I was originally going to call this a summer bucket list, but I think "summer priorities" might be a better name. Here's what I'm aiming to do and accomplish this summer. If we only get to accomplish these 5 things, then I'll call our summer a success!

1. Join a pool! We're Y members, and while our Y has a great splash park, it is so so SO crowded all summer with camps of kids who are playing with no parental supervision. We want to join a pool that is not so wild 95% of the time and where we can go have fun and relax (is that possible with a 19 month old?) some.

2. Pull out the sprinkler! We haven't done this one yet, but I'm waiting for a hot summer evening to bust out our sprinkler in the front yard with some popsicles for that last hour between dinner and bedtime. I think someone might be a fan!

3. At home happy hours! I want to open our home up to friends (and their little ones) for Friday night happy hours, or heck really any day of the week. It's getting harder and harder to go out to eat and go to restaurants with M these days, so we're going to embrace it and start to bring the fun home with friends. Plus, it's way cheaper to socialize and eat and drink at home!

4. Cabin weekend! Every summer we look forward to visiting our friends' cabin in the mountains in VA on the Maury River. While I'm slightly nervous on how our little one will sleep for us there this year, I think she will have a ball by the water. And her dad is crazy excited to go on walks to show her cows. It's the little things I suppose.

5. Clean up and organize and make our play room/J's office (it's one giant room) 100% functional and usable. Right now it's so mismatched and not a place I like in our home. I am so determined to get it to a point where I love it by the end of the summer. I'll be sure to share once we reach that point! Hopefully putting this out here on the blog will help keep me accountable.

What's on your summer agenda??

10 comments:

  1. It certainly is the little things and I like your hour of sprinkler and popscicles the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she'll do fine at the cabin. Heck, we have Shelby sleeping in a freaking camper!!! LOL!!!! We are all about at home happy hours. We've never been big on eating out b/c it is so expensive. Plus, you don't have to worry about driving! :) We should all get together again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the cabin on the Maury?!? Matt and I lived in Lexington for a few years and spent many lazy summer afternoons "floating the river" with friends. Such a special place! Sounds like you have a great summer planned:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy hour with friends and kids sounds great. I find that Noah is his worst between 5 and 7 while we wait for Chris to get home. Maybe some friends for him to play with and a glass of wine for me would make the time go by faster ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know about the Y pool!! Love your happy hour idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. woowoo for pulling out the sprinkler! I can't wait to pull it out and have Elyse run through it in our backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're about to put our house on the market with 2 children. My goal until it sells is to keep the house clean and not have a heart attack in the process. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on at-home happy hours. Most of our friends have wee ones that make actual happy hours difficult. We're getting our backyard redone in July (finally!!) and I hope it kicks off a regular thing over here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Hour at HOME = a GENIUS idea!! My little one just turned one and it is tricky to go out to eat. I think we'd enjoy the evening more if we could be at home with friends and not have to worry about Olive making a mess/fussing/wanting to be on the move. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower and look forward to keeping up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a good list! I love being in the pool!

    ReplyDelete