Thursday, May 8, 2014

Home Improvements 2014: Patio Furniture

Back in March I did a few blog posts discussing a few of the small projects we had started at home. Another project I completed last month but never got put on the blog was painting our Patio Furniture. When we moved in almost two years ago, I found this iron set of table and chairs on Craigslist for $100. It has served us well, but has needed a good paint job since we got it, but due to pregnancy two summers ago and just plain laziness last summer, it never got done! 


You can see how rusted it was here...


I used THIS spray paint. I went with hammered to help hide the imperfections. It took me about 7 cans to do the table and all four chairs, and I did 2 coats on each. I think all 7 cans cost around $40.


The whole project took me about 3 weekends to accomplish. I needed lots of sunshine and time for drying, and I could only do it on the weekends during nap times, that way if M woke early I'd have J's help. 

And our finished product....


And I honestly think it looks even better in person! It seriously looks (and feels!) like brand new furniture. Definitely worth the cost and effort of painting it!

(Cushions and Umbrella are from Garden Ridge!)

5 comments:

  1. Looks GREAT! I love it now that it's getting warmer and we can be outside. If only this pollen would stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks SO good! We really need outside patio furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! What a great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so great! Wish we could sit out there today and watch the kids play!

    ReplyDelete