Friday, June 20, 2014

Five on Friday: Trader Joe's Finds Part 2

Happy Friday!


I'm doing another Trader Joe's style Five on Friday! See my first installment here!

1. BBQ Rub & Seasoning with Coffee and Garlic


We actually haven't tried this one yet, but I can't wait to use it on a brisket on our smoker! It came highly recommended to me from several TJ employees!

2. Mesquite Smoked Seasoned Almonds


I kinda picked these up on a whim, but if you like food with a smoky flavor, GET THESE. They're a great snack and also go nicely with a beer!

3.Mac & Cheese


I think I'm the last person in the world to try this, but I am now here to say that this frozen mac & cheese is about as good as you can get without making the real thing. It's pretty darn incredible. Definitely not "light," but some days when I have 2 glorious hours of nap time to myself and I don't have to share my food, I don't care at all. Bring on the calories.

3. Pinachios


Pistachio and white chocolate buttery cookies. Need I say more?

5. Cilantro and Chive Yogurt Dip


Kinda cheating with this one, because it's an old favorite and not a new find for me, but if you haven't tried this dip, pick it up. It goes so well with beef kabobs or even bbq. Odd sounding I know, but try it! I sampled it with bbq in the store the first time I ever had it and was hooked!

What have been your most recent Trader Joe's discoveries?

9 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love these new discoveries. I feel like I always get the same ole stuff. Those almonds are the perfect snack for cocktail hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to go to Trader Joe's!!! We have one so close to our house now but I just haven't gone! I will keep your list in mind when I finally make it there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://eatingatjoes.com/2014/06/03/trader-joes-gluten-free-raw-vegan-fruit-bars-apple-strawberry-apple-mango-apple-banana-and-apple-coconut/

    These! So yummmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mac & cheese looks heavenly!! I miss living near a TJs :( I loved their chocolate covered berries, pearl cous cous, trail mixes, pb granola bars and ah-mazing fresh flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness! I need to try that mac and cheese. My absolute favorite Trader Joe's treat is these raspberry and cream frozen bars that are only 80 calories. Heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have some of that mac and cheese in our freezer...might have to break it out next week when Elyse & I are home by ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so wish we had a TJs close by! The nearest store is 3 hours away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love their Mac and Cheese! You'll have to try their mac and cheese balls. They are so addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love Trader Joe's! I recently bought that rub but haven't used it yet either. I'm curious about how it will taste!

    ReplyDelete