Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Maymont Park in Richmond

While in Richmond last week, my mom and I took M to one of my very favorite places, Maymont
Maymont is a historic estate and public park in the city of Richmond that I grew up visiting on field trips, with girl scouts, and weekend trips with my family, and then with friends for picnics in high school and college. I was so excited to get to take M since I knew it was going to be a pretty summer week while we were back in Virginia visiting!

We started with the petting zoo. She was a little hesitant about feeding the animals herself, but she loved when we'd feed them! 





This was one of the 2 seconds that she actually sat in her stroller. This girl walked and walked and walked and walked while we were here. 



With her Gigi. This girl LOVES her Gigi.


I won't go into the history, but Maymont now has a sweet bear statue by the bear exhibit (didn't see any while we were there, boo!), that M thought was pretty awesome until she touched it and then all she could talk about was "HOT HOT HOT." Turns out a metal statue in the sun heats up pretty quickly on a warm day in June.


She would have jumped right into any of the running water if we would have let her.



Yes, I was only a little sure that I could hold her safely in my arms here. Just a little scary!


If you know Maymont, you know that there's about a thousand steps between the Japanese gardens and the Italian gardens. Don't worry, M walked up every single one with no help. Big girl doesn't need her mom or gigi to help!



I can't get enough of this face. My mom snapped this one right as I tickled her shoulders.


In the words of M, "ALL DONE! BYE BYE!"

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Looks like an awesome park! Funny about the water. We're camping in Brevard next weekend and we're going to do all the waterfalls in Dupont State Forest. I can't wait to see Shelby's reaction to the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you always think M looks more like your husband, but I think you guys look alike in the second one near the waterfall :) That place looks great! Glad you had fun, and neat to see her exploring so much on her own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, Brittney!! I love to hear that she might look a LITTLE like me :)

      Delete
  3. This looks like such a fun place! I'd love to take Ella here sometime when we are visiting my parents in Virginia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog because your daughter is just a couple months older than mine and I think they have similar looks. So fun to watch her grow! Wondering where you got your adorable flip flops? Are they comfy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like it was a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete