Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Around the web...3 things

1.) Last week, my friend Becca wrote out her thoughts on what's happening in our country right now, and you guys. It's powerful. It's good. It's raw. This is one of the best blog posts I've read all year, and it's really made me think about where I fit into my community and what I want to change. If you are a Christian, please take 5 minutes and read this post.


"Because we are the Church, and I am afraid that if we do not act, we will lose our credibility in a world that desperately needs real answers. Not more services, not bigger screens and louder songs, not new sanctuaries or more programs. But Jesus: the good news of the Gospel that gets lived out by actually walking alongside the fatherless. Alongside the widows, the orphans, the oppressed. "



2.) I went to JMU with Chelsea, and she is a mom who owns a small business where she refinishes furniture and on top of that has a gorgeous home that she has decorated and put together. I love following her blog and instagram and encourage you to follow her. I promise you'll be inspired!

Instagram: Chelsea's Garage



3.) I recently joined this Facebook Group called "Montessori on a Budget." J and I really love a lot of the principles that go along with a Montessori education, and we've both been doing a lot of reading on how we can better incorporate them into our home for M. I joined this group maybe 2 weeks ago, and I have loved seeing so many great idea and conversations about Montessori at home pop up into my newsfeed! If you're a mom of a young child who wants to do "more" at home, I highly recommend joining this group. It is a private group and you have to get approved, but I think I got approved within 24 hours of joining.

3 comments:

  1. Aw Rachel, you are so kind to share my post. Praying with you that God will reveal His heart for you guys in your community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was an incredible post by Becca. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interested in that FB group - our kids just started Montessori a few months back and I so new to the principles! Going to 2 workshops in September and will hopefully learn a lot.

    ReplyDelete