Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Harrisonburg for the day

When we were at the cabin earlier this month, we took some time to drive up the road to my old stomping grounds at JMU. It has been 8 years since my college graduation, but the feeling I get when I walk on that campus is unlike any other. I loved my college years and still have a strong love for the place I called my home for 5 years. It was so fun to go back with M and show her around. I can't wait till she's big enough to go to a football game!


Giving "DUKE DOG!" a kiss! We heard his name ALL day as we walked around campus, and I hear it now every time she catches his face on the sticker on the back of my car. 


Daddy tried to steal a kiss from her on the kissing rock, but she wasn't having it. 





We had lunch downtown at Jack Brown's followed by ice cream at Kline's (where the flavor was mint cookies and cream!)



It was the perfect day in Harrisonburg with my little family! 
Can't wait to go back again!




4 comments:

  1. So cute! Love that picture of her kissing the mascot! I took Shelby to LSU last year and we're going back this year(Oct)! We did my sorority house luncheon on Homecoming day along with the parade then trick or treating on sorority row. She's too young to go to a game too, but we're only a couple of years away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, Where do you guys live? We live near Charlottesville down by the Wintergreen Resort. I've been following your blog for a while, and just realized you may be local. So happy we have so many great in state schools, like JMU, for my kiddos to choose from. Cute Kiddo! - Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! We actually live in Charlotte, NC! We're from Richmond originally and also did 4 years in norfolk, but now we call NC home :)

      Delete