Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween 2014

This year was M's third Halloween, and it was definitely a fun year for her! Her first year she was 6 days old and slept and nursed all day long while Mama ate chocolate on the couch. Last fall she had just turned one and had fun, but had no idea what was going on. But this year she totally got what "trick or treating" was...well almost. She wanted to eat each piece of candy after our neighbors gave them to her. She didn't get that she was supposed to bring them home! We only went to a few homes, mostly friends in the neighborhood, but she thought it was great fun!


Let's discuss her costume for a moment. I decided months before Halloween that she'd be an especially cute tiger this year since Mr. Daniel Tiger is her favorite television program. When her costume came in the mail back at the beginning of October she told me "NO TIGER COSTUME" very adamantly for a solid 20 days. Didn't matter how I bribed her or what I said, she would run from me and yell "NO TIGER COSTUME." And then, a few days before Halloween, we offered her some candy corn in exchange for putting it on, and bam! Tiger costume was in business. And then on Halloween she practically begged to wear it all afternoon and evening. Toddlers. So strange and funny! Either way, I thought she made a pretty cute tiger!

So blurry, but I love it!


We went to a neighborhood party before the door to door fun began and she had a lot of fun watching all the big kids in costumes. J's parents were here too from Virginia, so it was fun for them to get to see her all dressed up. The highlight of the party for her was when they played "Let It Go" and all the Elsas and Annas (and a few Olafs) in the crowd sang their little hearts out.



And just for fun...for the last two years we've carved her age into her pumpkin. J told me she won't look so cute doing this when she's 13 and embarrassed by me, but I may just do it till she moves out one day!
This Year

Last Year


Hope it was a happy Halloween in your home!




3 comments:

  1. I love the age in the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea to carve her age into a pumpkin! And absolutely NO amount of bribing or trickery was going to get Elyse into her cow costume...toddlers are such funny creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Tiger and pumpkin. Isn't it amazing how much both of the girls hair has grown this past year? I just looked at a picture from last year and am amazed!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete