Monday, November 24, 2014

Purpose.

Do you all know who Anne Lamott is? I first read one of her books (Bird by Bird) in a college course called teaching writing, back in 2003. It's one of maybe five books from my college career that I never sold back to the book store because I wanted to keep it. Bird by Bird is a book about writing, but y'all, it's so much more. Lamott just has such a beautiful way with words, that she inspires me to want to write and just learn more about myself and my place in the world. She has written many books on faith (Traveling Mercies is my favorite!) and she's just an all around unique human being with such a unique story to share. She is a Christian, but her Christian writing is unlike anything else I've ever read.

Anyway...now that I've rambled, let me get back to my point. I follow her on facebook, and she often writes these long "rants" but they're always filled with such gems. Last week, she posted this little blurb from an interview she did back in October. I love it...



I hope someone reading this could use this on their Monday morning. When I read it last week, it just really hit me, in a good way, and I felt like it was worth the share. 

2 comments:

  1. So funny you mention her. I am reading Traveling Mercies right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that. The first sentence especially resonates with me. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete