Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Our sock secret!

I wish I could remember who shared this genius idea with me, but this is one of my top tips for new moms! When M was little and I started washing all of her socks, I found that I was constantly losing those teeny baby socks, or they'd get stuck inside of other pieces of clothing and I'd end up finding them two weeks later in the pant leg of a sleeper. Not long after she was born someone suggested we use a lingerie wash bag to put her socks in, and since then we haven't lost a single sock!


We keep it hanging in her room and at the end of the day she throws her dirty clothes in her hamper in the closet and then we toss her socks in this bag. It makes our lives so much easier, and I'm not always looking for lost socks! I've also found that the lingerie bag makes a great addition to a baby shower gift. I realize this is such a silly little thing, but I thought it was worth sharing after hearing a group of friends recently complain about constantly losing baby socks! Problem solved!

5 comments:

  1. I've actually done a pretty good job of not losing Jack's socks. I think the patterns and colors help. But with the baby coming this is a great idea with all those little white socks! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo we have a lingerie bag for kidlet socks, too! I also use one of those IKEA octopus drying carousel {worst description ever, sorry} to clip the random errant sock up until its partner inevitably shows up -- this system is used a lot more now that we have another "gotsta my socks off and leave them all over" baby crawling around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha- that is such a good idea. You know it's the little things that are so simple yet so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea. I've already been warned about the disappearing baby socks and this would solve the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do this! We are constantly losing socks.

    ReplyDelete