April...where in the world did you go??
Clearly, I've dropped the ball on blogging lately. I managed to post once last month, and it wasn't because of lack of content, I suppose it was more related to the fact that we've just been busy, and in my free time last month I did more reading for fun than blogging or blog reading.
A few highlights from the last month (some of which have already been overshared on my instagram)....
-I lost a great uncle in the middle of the month, so in the span of 5 days, M and I traveled for 20 hours in the car to attend his funeral in Delaware. We did 10 of those hours with my mom in the car with us, but the other 10 were done on our own. I am so thankful for portable DVD players and digital movies on ipads after that trip! She really did quite well, all things considering, and I'm so glad we went and were able to see so much family who she had never met.
- We attended quite a few birthday parties for pals of M last month. Lots of spring birthdays! I know a little girl who didn't mind the extra sugar!
- I had two baby showers last month, both for sweet friends who are due in May and June! I had to miss one for the funeral, but enjoyed attending the other for my friend Michelle. I love showering new moms and shopping for them off their registry now that I'm a mom. Anyone else enjoy it? Maybe because I loved having a newborn and I enjoy reliving those memories?
- We tried a German restaurant out one evening last month for dinner. We went kind of on a whim, not really sure what to expect, but it was really really good! I love schnitzel, and anyone who serves pretzel rolls while you're waiting for your entree gets a gold star from me!
-Have I mentioned our Bunco group my friend Katie and I started in Charlotte? We play once a month and it's so much fun to get together with those girls. It's a nice night away to socialize with such great girls, and if I win money that's just an added bonus! This past month, our friend Sarah hosted, and I'm still dreaming of the homemade pimento cheese she shared with us.
- M had her first manicure and pedicure last month! She's always pointing out what color nails I have (when they're actually painted) so I bought her some Piggie Paint and we painted hers. She now wants pink nails all the time.
-My church is doing a sermon series right now on your thoughts/thought life and it's been so so good for me. I have taken so much away from the sermons each week. If you're interested you can listen via podcast (search for New Charlotte Church on itunes, it's the Train Station series). You can also listen on your computer here.
- We took care of my good friend's cat while she was away on spring break at the beginning of the month. I am so not a cat person, but my tiny child loves them (all animals really), so it was a fun treat for her to get to go and take care of Foster the orange cat for a week! She makes me laugh though because she talks to him like he's a dog and expects him to listen like a dog. Sorry kiddo, cats don't work that way!
-We started the process of building a garage! We are in the very early beginning stages, but if weather works out, we hope to have it done by the end of the summer. It will be detached, and we're currently toying with the idea of adding a breezeway between it and the house. There's a few tricky pieces about this with the way our house sits and the property lines and windows (I don't want to lose sunlight inside our house!), but J and I are so excited! He's pumped to have a workspace with all of his tools, and I just can't wait to have a place to put strollers, bikes, and other outdoor toys. I also like the idea of being able to buckle M into her seat without getting wet on rainy days.
- We got M her first passport this past month! It took a bit of work (ie driving 40 min to South Carolina) since only a select few Charlotte post offices offer passport services and the ones that do require an appointment to get a passport application completed, and the woman we spoke with said they had no availability till the end of June, so off to South Carolina we went. The good news is, we now have her passport in hand (and it's hilarious) and we're ready a for a fun vacation this month!
And finally, because what's a post without a photo...my favorite photo from April.
Hoping to be back more this month! No promises though!