Friday, July 17, 2015

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! Linking up with April today!



1. Y'all....my belly is so big already. And I'm just 27 weeks. This means I still have about 12 weeks to go if we do my c-section at 39 weeks which is pretty much the plan (hoping to schedule it at my next appointment!). My belly literally aches at the end of most days, so in a desperate attempt to help my poor belly, I bought a maternity support band from Belevation. I've had it a week now, and I actually think it's helping. I still am achey, but I am finding that on the days I wear it from the time I wake up till I go to bed, I really do feel better.


(Trying to squeeze into my size small volunteer t-shirt for church last weekend)


2. I instagrammed about these waters a few weeks ago. The cucumber and mint is my favorite, but this one (Tropical Cherry) is pretty awesome as well! I really prefer these Target brand waters to La Croix.


3. Anyone else have a child who HATES a hot car? M totally flips out when she gets in the car and her car seat is hot, and I don't have ceiling vents, so her rear facing seat takes awhile to cool down. I found this car seat shade at Buy Buy Baby and it has helped reduce her whines drastically since we got it three weeks ago. And for $7.99, I call that a BIG win!! (same price on Amazon!!) Any other tips for a kid who hates the heat and it's constantly 95-100 out?



4. Just a random picture, but my friend Sarah hosted us at her sweet little one's first birthday party a few weeks ago and the photographer took this family shot of us. I love it!! Thank you Sarah!


5. And finally, I'm kind of embarrassed to post this...but this is baby brother's room...


It's our spare room upstairs where stuff just sort of goes and has had no real purpose since we bought the house three years ago. It's a total mess. We put a huge dent in cleaning it out last weekend, but we still have a ways to go before it's a real room for our little guy. We have the big items for his room (crib, glider, changing table), but I have no idea what we're going to do decor wise. I need to get this room totally cleaned out and then make a choice. Decorating is so not my strong suit.

HAPPY WEEKEND!

8 comments:

  1. Katie from BowerPower just posted recently about a belly harness that she used that helped her a lot. You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a much harder time decorating Trent's room vs. Drew's. I feel like boy room decor is often a lot more theme-y than girls. So sports and nautical were everywhere, and that is not at ALL my style. My MIL and I ended up making his bedding, and I loved it. I think on the off chance I get my way for a 3rd baby, the decor will be so simple - a couple of sheets from Target, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see baby brothers room :) You look so cute
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy a Noggle for the car. It has really helped my LO keep cool in her rear-facing seat this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy a Noggle for the car. It has really helped my LO keep cool in her rear-facing seat this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea they made car seat shades! I definitely need to get one of those. I feel so bad putting my little one in the car when it's so hot but sometimes I just don't have another option. (visiting from Five on Friday)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never did the belly band, but boy do I wish I had, it was tough carrying around Sophie, and I think it would have helped a lot during my pregnancy.

    Wish I had tips for the heat, but if you get some, let me know! I also have a toddler who hates this heat, and we're soon getting a car seat like yours, so we'll need something to keep it from getting blistering hot.

    liz sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great! I remember I had to buy a support band (not quite like yours, though) around the same time in my pregnancy, but it was more in hopes of relieving sciatica. Oh, pregnancy! :-)

    ReplyDelete