Thursday, August 13, 2015

Baby Brother 30-31 Weeks


Photo taken at 30 weeks on vacation last week

How Far Along: 31 weeks today

Size of Baby:  Over 16 inches and 3+ pounds!

Total Weight Gain: A lot....

Gender: BOY!

Movement: Yes. All the time and ALL over. Some moments he feels like he's in my ribs, and the next moment it feels like he's about to fall out. Definitely lower kicks and movements then I remember feeling with M at this point. i don't remember feeling her this low until the end. Movements have also started to feel painful. And hiccups! Lots of hiccups. 

Sleep: Depends on the night. It's uncomfortable, but some nights I manage to sleep really well, but then other night's (like last night), I toss and turn for hours. I bought a wedge pillow to go under my belly and that has helped, but my hips and shoulders are so achey in the morning from side sleeping. 

Symptoms: Instead of symptoms, this should say, "What Hurts?" and my response would be, everything. Ribs are so achey and the pain extends around to my back (right side only). I had identical pain with M. I started seeing a chiropractor two weeks ago, and he told me I do have a dislocated rib so we're working on it. I was dealing with some terrible hip and pelvic pain a few weeks ago where I could barely walk or lift my legs to get dressed in the morning, but the chiro has already helped immensely with that. I am so glad I started seeing him. Other weird symptoms....heart burn/reflux, nose bleeds...all glamorous things! Oh and Braxton Hicks contractions. At least a few a day. 

Cravings: Everything but nothing at the same time. I'm hungry all the time but try to eat very little at meals due to the heartburn.

What I miss: Being able to move quickly. It's hard to parent M sometimes because I literally can't keep up with her. I also feel like there are toys everywhere because I so rarely want to bend down and pick them up at the end of the day. Please tell me I'm not the only one....

Comparisons to First Pregnancy: Still feeling bigger than last time. A lot of my aches and pains are things I didn't experience until the end with M. But the rib pain is just like what I experienced last go round.

Weekly Highlight: A wonderful and successful last family vacation as a family of 3! We had such a wonderful time in NY! Also, nursery bedding arrived while we were gone!

What I'm looking forward to: Getting the nursery put together! Hopefully we'll really get the ball rolling here in the next few weeks!

6 comments:

  1. You look great! Soon you will be in the final homestretch!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh but you really look fabulous, I just wish you felt good! He's coming soon but not soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember feeling so guilty because I would constantly tell Trent 'Mommy can't get down on the floor with you right now' because it just hurt too much. Totally agree on not picking up the toys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great! Sorry to hear you are in pain, hopefully you get more relief soon. He will be here before you know it! Not that I have anything else to compare it to, but baby boys are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fabulous! I'm so sorry he's giving you such a rough time, pain-wise, but it's the home stretch now!

    Also, sometimes if I put on one of L's favorite songs and say it's a "race" to see how many toys she can pick up before the song ends, she'll clean the entire playroom without any help ;) Worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good gracious, you look great! Glad to hear the chiropractor is helping give some relief. :)

    ReplyDelete