Monday, August 24, 2015

What's new....

We've been back from our vacation at the lake for two weeks now, but I still haven't sat down to blog about it. Here's one of my favorite pictures from our vacation of our silly girl. Hopefully this week I'll make some time to share some more about our wonderful time in Westport.


In the meantime, here's what's new around here....

GARAGE! It's actually happening and we have a full foundation done. If all goes as planned, they'll fill it this week and then hopefully they can move on to the foundation. Months and months of waiting are becoming a reality! I'm just excited to get bicycles out of our house (mainly, the guest room).

FRIENDS! We got to see one of my best friends from college and her husband and their little girl this past weekend as they were traveling through Charlotte. It was SO good to see her and catch up. It had been so long since our last visit, and I hope it's not that long before we get to see them again!

SCHOOL! M starts preschool two days a week in just a few weeks. She and I are both excited for this big change. We've been talking it up for months, so hopefully the new experience will go smoothly. I know she's ready and I think she'll really flourish. It'll also be a great thing for her to have once the baby arrives. We all will need some consistency in our lives once a baby gets thrown into the mix!

TV! I know I'm about 10 years late, but we just finished season 4 of The Wire, and well, it broke my heart. J watched the show years ago, and I started rewatching it with him a few months ago. Season 4 was rough. But so good. I spent my first year of teaching in an inner city classroom, and while I only did it a year, I saw so similarities between my students and the ones on the show. I am amazed at what a great job the show did at portraying the realities of schools/inner city students. Also TV related, we finally caught up on True Detective Season 2, and well...that was awful. I am kind of angry I wasted 8 hours of my life on that program.

CLOTHES! I finally decided to tackle the boxes and boxes of M's clothes that have been piling up in our attic as she has outgrown them. I've sold a lot on a local facebook page, but I started an instagram page as well if anyone is interested (mostly newborn-2T). Next week we have a local consignment sale that I've been prepping for as well. I seriously feel like I'm drowning in baby girl clothes.


BABY! His room is getting painted this week thanks to my dad who is coming down to visit with my mom for a few days. Hopefully once that gets done we'll be able to start setting up his nursery. I can't believe my due date is less than 8 weeks away now. On the one hand that feels so far away but also SO close.

MOVIES! I took M to see Inside Out last week. I loved it (as I do with most Pixar movies), and she really enjoyed it too! I don't think she actually "got" the movie, but she happily sat there and watched the whole film an came home and told J all about it. It was a fun morning with my girl. Trying to enjoy all of our moments as just the two of us as I know those days are numbered. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's been a great summer! I appreciate your review on True Detective - the hubby and I watched the first 3 episodes and haven't picked it back up - not sure either of us want to? We're in season 6 of Mad Men, and we're both enjoying it, but I'm ready for something new, ha. Can't wait to see the baby's room when it's all done! Don't go so long between posts, okay? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wire - season 4 is the best season in all of television, period. Every episode killed me. I really loved that show! Also, True Detective 2.0.... What a waste!

    ReplyDelete