Overall, we really need very little/next to nothing for our newest addition! He obviously needs clothes, but all of our other big items, we purchased for M and they'll work just great for him. With that said, I do still have a few things I'd like to get, but none are really necessities (well....except for #3!). Since M was born, new items have hit the market or I've seen things that worked great for friends that we didn't have. Here's my little wish list!
1. Sakura Bloom Ring Sling - With M I used a K'tan and and Ergo and really loved both. I loved wearing her in general, but I've heard such great things about this carrier from so many moms, that I sort of want to splurge and get one. I may end up borrowing an Etsy made ring sling from a friend, but I'm still eyeing this one!
2. Bumkins Waterproof Super Bibs - My favorite bibs for once she started solids! We have about half a dozen of these for M and she still uses them (I know, I know...she's almost 3....but she doesn't fight me and the child is a mess and I hate treating stains!) Anyhow, I'd love to get some in some less "girly" patterns for our little guy.
3. Angel Dear Tiger Lovey - If you've ever looked at my pics of M, I am sure you've seen her Angel Dear lovey hanging out in about 75% of my pictures. He is pretty much a family member! I let her sit down and choose one for her brother, and she chose this tiger. I introduced her lovey to her in the hospital and she plans to bring this one to the hospital for her brother and teach him how to rub the tag in his ear (her favorite thing to do with hers). Here's hoping he loves his as much as she does!
4. Covered Goods Nursing Cover - I first saw the Covered Goods cover on Paige's blog at the end of my nursing journey with M, but I bookmarked it then and knew it would be something I'd want for a future baby! With M, I didn't buy a nursing cover. When we'd nurse in public, I'd either do it somewhere private, or I'd use my muslin blankets as a cover. This worked great, but we also nursed in public really rarely. Since she was my only baby, I didn't find myself out and about that much at feeding times. However, I know that won't necessarily be the case this go round since I have a crazy buys preschooler to take to gymnastics, the playground, art class...you get the idea. I definitely want to be able to nurse on the go and feel comfortable. Major props to my mom friends who nurse in public with no cover, but I prefer to have a little more coverage and this cover looks awesome. Also...love that it can be used as a cover for the carseat as well! This is one item I have already purchased and is ready to go!
5. Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double Stroller - I am still a little on the fence about a double stroller and I've been debating how much use we'd get out of it. We love our single BOB, and I hope to use it with the baby for walks and let M walk on her own, but I do think that for longer walks, a double stroller would be really nice. If we do end up getting one, I'm pretty sure this is what I'd choose. I like that it has a smaller footprint than the double BOB, but it still has those great all terrain tires. And I love how easy it is to close....tough decision! We'll probably wait a few months and see how we're feeling with two kids before we decide if it's worthwhile to us or not.
6. Charcoal Bamboo Cloth Diaper Inserts - So boring I know...but we plan to cloth diaper this little guy just like we did with M, and I plan to make a few changes this go round. I have seen some new research and conversation around wash routines and plan to switch that up, and I'd also like to try some of these inserts, especially for overnight diapers, instead of the traditional microfiber inserts we used last time. Any other CD moms have insight on these inserts?
7. Eyefi Wi-Fi Memory Card - This is a total want....definitely not a need! But I'd love to have one of these for my DSLR! Especially for the hospital! My friend Sarah has one and it's so neat and easy how she quickly gets her pictures off her camera and onto her phone or tablet!
8. Mustela PhysiObebe No Rinse Cleanser - I never used this with M, but I have heard a lot of mom friends suggest this to me! I actually got a bottle from my girlfriends at Bunco last month when they surprised me with a bag of goodies, and I am excited to try it.
So, anything I'm missing?
Anything you bought for your second baby that you didn't have for your first? I'd love to hear what other "cool" and new baby items are out there that I may not be up to date on!
(All items, with the exception of 4, are shared with Amazon Affiliate Links!)