Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday Randoms

Happy Monday! Cannot believe October will be here by the end of the week.
Here are some random tidbits to start off the week...


Little brother might be coming sooner than later. And by "little" brother I mean the 8lb 7oz baby who I saw on an ultrasound last Tuesday at 36 weeks and 5 days. I've been saying all along that this baby feels really big and I think that's the truth.

His room is pretty much done. Just need to get some random stuff out of there....like Maggie's toys that I rotate in and out of our living room. Up until now, their "hiding" place has been in there. Guess I need a new "hiding" place! Eventually I'll take some pictures and share on here. And M's room! We had it painted back in August and I've made a lot of changes to it since. I love the new look she's got going on in there!

We went out to breakfast yesterday and I think M may have out eaten J and myself. That girl can put back some pancakes and scrambled eggs.

Who else is listening to the Limetown podcast? It is my new favorite! Just wish there were more episodes. I read somewhere that it's a mash up of Serial and the X-Files which is a great description. 

Also, Bloodline! We're a little slow, but we finally got started on this show. I think we have 3 left? Either way, I've been enjoying it and seeing Kyle Chandler on TV again! When the baby gets here I have a few shows I want to start during our marathon nursing sessions. When M was born I watched some terrible (and addicting) ABC Family dramas and Parenthood binge style, this time around I'm thinking of getting Hulu Plus so I can watch The Mindy Project. Any other suggestions? #seriousquestions

Last Wednesday I went to dinner with some friends to enjoy one last night out before the baby comes! My friend Nina is due with a baby girl about two weeks after me, and it was fun celebrating our two babies over Mexican with some great friends. And then Saturday, another group of friends threw me and another friend who is pregnant with twins in our group a sweet sprinkle. They gifted us with a generous gift card and lots of diapers. Which is probably good since I hadn't bought a single diaper for this little guy. We do plan to do cloth again, but we still use disposables about 25% of the time! I'm so thankful for such kind and generous friends that I've gotten to know here in the last 4 years!

I'm supposed to be starting the Jennie Allen Restless Bible Study at church this week, as long as I'm not having a baby! I'm really excited for this study, as I've heard good things from some friends. Anyone out in the blog world done it before?

I got my eyefi SD card that I blogged about here, and I'm obsessed. It is pretty easy to set up and definitely going to get lots of use at the hospital! 

M has pretty much stopped napping in the afternoons. Cue the sad trombone. In the past four weeks, I'd say she's napped maybe 5 or 6 times. While I'm pretty sad about this "loss" she's actually doing a decent job having quiet time for 90 minutes each day. I've moved a lot of toys to her room which has helped, but I'd love other ideas for quiet time entertainment if you have some!

Alright....enough random thoughts for one day!
Here's hoping this is a great week....whether we meet our baby boy or not!

4 comments:

  1. Wow he is measuring big! I delivered at 36 W 3 D and he was just under 7 lbs which I thought was decent for being a few weeks early! Oh and I just added the wifi card to my Christmas wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for M's quiet time ... that's still pretty awesome! I love seeing her daily adventures on Snapchat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a bummer about naps! Drew still naps a solid 3 hours on the weekends (I think partially because she gets short ones at school and needs to catch up) - I have ZERO plans to take her out of her crib anytime soon - I swear that transition makes things so much harder!

    Trying to think of good shows to binge watch that aren't weepy (love Sons of Anarchy but would not suggest that to a hormonal sleep-deprived mom). Not sure what you've seen of these (and likely you've seen a lot of these), but here's what I'm throwing out: Empire (my hubs and I love this), Once Upon a Time, Downton Abbey (this will go down as one of my ALL-TIME favorite shows), Grace & Frankie (Netflix), Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix), Orange is the New Black...any of that helpful? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I just finished Serial. I'll have to try out Limetown! If I could recommend the perfect show, it would be Gilmore Girls! I made it through almost 5 seasons (for the second time) while I was on maternity leave!

    ReplyDelete