Monday, January 11, 2016

Hello there, 2016

Happy new year! I didn't really intend to go a month (and then some) without blogging, but between all of the holiday festivities, a needy baby who doesn't like napping anywhere but on me, and a "challenging" three year old, well...blogging just has been on the back burner. I can manage instagram and snapchat (I still can't believe I'm enjoying Snapchat as much as I am...I feel like I'm 13...also, let's be friends, I'm erchla on there!), but sitting down at my laptop and putting together a post, there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day.

So...in an effort to play catch up, I'm going to try to do a few recap posts over the next few weeks about our holiday and some other fun stuff we've had going on. Keyword being try.

Let's start today with a very basic recap posts from the last month. Here's ten pictures from ten (random) fun things we've been doing since I last checked in...

1. The weekend before Christmas we traveled to VA and celebrated my Nana's 80th birthday with family. I'm so glad we were able to be there for her big day, and that my grandparents were able to meet T!

2. This is kind of a big one...my little sister got engaged to her long time boyfriend on Christmas Eve! We are so happy for them and to be gaining a brother in law!


3. We met Santa. and got one really cute picture. M was PUMPED to meet the big guy in red, and T was just, "whatever guys..."


4. In early December, J went to NYC for work for 3 nights, and it really put my sanity to the test parenting two on my own, but we all survived. I don't know how my friends with husbands who travel regularly do it. The whole day was tough, but bedtime about did me in each night doing it all alone. One night two good friends of mine came and got M for a dinner date at Chick-Fil-A and then took her to look at Christmas lights. I'm so thankful for people who love my kids like this!


5. We started using our cloth diapers!! I gave myself some time to adjust to our new life, but somewhere around 8-9 weeks, I felt ready to add in the cloth diapers to the mix and so far so good! Here's my post from 2013 about cloth diapering if anyone is interested.


6. When we were in Virginia the week before Christmas, I got to meet my best friend's new baby girl! It was so special getting to meet her and see them!


7. T moved from his bassinet to his crib at night! He's swaddled in this picture, but I also moved him to his sleepsack too and he's doing great! Well...great at night! Doing about 11-12 hours each night, but still only wants to catnap for 20-30 minutes during the day. Either way, hooray for sleeping in his own bed!


8. We had our first Bunco of 2016 at my friend beth's house last week! I love these girls and the fun we have each month! It was also my first night out alone since T was born. It felt great having a night off!


10. And last, but not least....games! M got a few new games for Christmas and she's SUPER into playing a game most nights after dinner. It's sort of fun being able to play a game together, even though following rules can be a challenge sometimes if things aren't going her way. Here she is playing Candy Land. Her other new favorite is Avalanche Fruit Stand.



And that's a wrap for now! 
Hoping to do a 2015 Books post this week; don't get too excited though. It was a slow year of reading for me.

2 comments:

  1. Such cute pics! I get nerdily excited about book recaps - bring it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that crib sheet! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete