Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Hoopla*Baby

The spring after M was born, I posted a picture on instagram of a bunch of pretty summer dresses for her that I had bought on clearance for her the summer before when I was pregnant. Someone left a comment along the lines of, "Good luck getting any use out of those, dresses and crawlers are a bad combo!" At the time I was annoyed that someone would suggest that all those cute dresses would only get in the way of my active girl, but by about June or July when she was 9 months old, I totally understood what they meant. Baby girls in sweet dresses are sure cute, but they really are a bad combo until she can learn to walk. And even once she is walking, if it was a long dress, she'd get tangled up in it when standing up.

Fast forward a year later, and my sweet neighbor and friend was pregnant with her second, but her first daughter. She was asking me about "girl" advice and the topic of dresses vs crawling came up. Her little girl was born in September of 2014, and as she approached last summer and spring with a crawler, she totally understood what we had talked about months before, and an idea was born! 

 

"Hoopla*Baby is the first ever dress clip and teether. 
Hold up babies dress or skirt so she can crawl or let her chew and soothe those aching gums."

Is this brilliant or what? I would have loved to have had this with M when she was a baby! Not only does it help keep your baby girl active in her dresses, but it also can be used as a teether when baby is ready to chomp away to soothe her gums since it's made from silicone, the same material as bottle nipples. It's big enough that it won't get lost down in a diaper bag, but also small enough to easily toss in your bag on the go! Also, it's only $14.95. A small price for a great product!

 I am so proud of my friend for starting this business and bringing this great tool to life for moms everywhere.


Even if you're not a mom to a baby girl, Hoopla*Baby would be a wonderful addition to a baby shower gift for a mom to be! Be on the look out on my instagram for a giveaway sometime next week! 

4 comments:

  1. I was SOOOO excited to see this - I mean, how smart?! Absolutely genius idea. If our second baby is a girl, I am so getting one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I need to get this soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it'd make the perfect present "topper" too! I sure wish I had it for Emmy who didn't walk until after her first birthday!

    ReplyDelete