Well...in true second child fashion, I did no updates on my sweet boy when he hit two and three months. But I'm making myself sit down to jot down some memories for four months!
Last Tuesday, he turned four months old, and he's still stealing our hearts more and more each day!
- Most days, he's a pretty happy baby with lots of smiles. Loves to be held, but is also showing more interest in toys.
- Has rolled from tummy to back once, and this was somewhere in mid-January. Shows very little interest in doing it again.
- Still spits up a lot, and over the last month has started drooling a ton too. He wears a bib all day, and most days we go through about four or five bibs.
- Right at four months, I'm really starting to see good control of those little hands! He's trying so hard to reach out and touch and grab things. It's fun watching him try so hard.
- Also chewing on his own hands or whatever he can get in his mouth. Not sure if he's truly teething yet, but this baby likes to chew.
- Had his first babysitter this past month put him to bed! Has also been to the church nursery a handful of times for Sunday morning and my Wednesday Bible Study.
- Somewhere between three and four months we got our first real laugh out of him, and just like it was with his big sister, it's pretty much our favorite sound in the world. Tickles, silly songs and faces, and playing with his big sister tend to get the most giggles.
- Still a rockstar sleeper at night. Typically eats at 8:30 and goes down around 9/9:15 and then sleeps till about 8:30AM. No complaints here. He's been sleeping in his crib since late December, and we transitioned to the sleepsack on New Year's Day.
- Naps have gotten better this last month! Previously, he had been doing lots of little cat naps unless they were on me, now he's doing about 45 minutes to an hour+ in his crib. Also, I've been trying to put him in his crib awake more for naps, and about 50% of the time, he puts himself to sleep.
- Nurses 5 times during the day. Has become a much faster eater this last month, especially for his morning and mid day feedings. Evenings are usually a little longer.
- Loves listening to books with M.
- Has had a runny nose on and off all month. Does not like saline spray in his nose or suctioning. But let's be real...does any baby like that?
- Has played in the exercauser at church, but we still need to bring ours down from the attic. I know he'll love it because he loves to be up and watching what's going on around him.
- Likes to be in the Ergo when we're out and shopping and doing stuff. Isn't crazy about it in the house if I'm just bouncing and trying to keep him happy.
- Still so-so about the car. Doesn't mind it if we're moving, but he hates stop lights and the carpool line at M's preschool.
He is the sweetest baby boy and his smiles turn us all into big puddles. He lights up when he sees any of us walk in a room. He brings us such joy!
Weight - 17lbs 8oz. (85%)
Height - 28 inches (100%)...he is SO tall
Diapers - just switched to 3's in disposables. One snap down and 4 across in cloth.
Clothes - 6 month and some 9 month
Eyes - blue
Hair - Still very dark. There's one big bald spot in the back from where it's rubbed off, but still has a decent amount on top and in the back on the bottom.