Monday, March 21, 2016

Egg Hunts, Brunch, + Birds of Prey!

This past weekend was a fun one here at home. The weather has been so warm and nice lately, but on Saturday and Sunday the temperatures dropped and it was kind of chilly again. Despite the cold, we still got outside and had some fun.

Friday morning, before the weekend got kicked off, I took both the kids to Discovery Place uptown. We have a membership here, which is so nice because we can go for just a few hours in the morning and not feel like we're missing out or not getting our money's worth. I thought T would fall asleep in the Ergo there, but he stayed awake until we were about five minutes from home. So much for a nap on the go!



For dinner on Friday night, J and I got take out from Futo Buta. We visited here over the summer and loved it, and just recently found out they do take out too, which is much more our speed these days. Made for a fun Friday night date night in. Charlotte friends, if you haven't been yet, you need to try it!


Saturday morning we went to the Carolina Raptor Center up in Huntersville. We had never been here before, but thought it would make for a fun weekend outing. Overall, it was a fun way to spend a few hours, but M lost interest after the first few birds. Her favorite part was comparing her own arms to the wingspans of different birds. 



Saturday afternoon, this one was just as cute as a button. Typical.


...and I went up to the attic and found all of our "baby" toys for him. We had a few out already, but lately he is big into his rattles and toys he can easily hold in his hands, so I knew it was time to bring down some more. 


On Sunday morning, I headed to a brunch at Dogwood for my friend April's baby sprinkle. It was so nice to have a few hours out with some friends celebrating April's sweet baby! Also, the food was fantastic! I got a country ham bowl with homily, a fried egg, country ham, greens, and pickled onions. It was so so good.



After I got home, we got the kids ready for our neighborhood egg hunt. M was really into it and scored a good number of eggs! T on the other hand was pretty overwhelmed by the whole event as you can see on his face next to the bunny.



We capped off Sunday night with a spaghetti dinner, some March Madness watching (all 3 of my brackets are looking terrible right now...), and some House of Cards after the kids were asleep. We're about halfway through the newest season, and I have to admit, it has been full of surprises and better than the previews had me expecting. Anybody else watching?

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try Futo Buta! I had no idea they did takeout!!! What do you usually order???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg that futo buta looks amazing but what is it? You know I'm clueless on a menu like that. I don't know what any of it means. ;) But I could order exactly what you got and I know it'd be good!

    ReplyDelete