Friday, April 29, 2016

If we sat down for coffee...

If you and I were going to have coffee (probably at Amelie's!) together one morning, here's a little of what we might chat about...
  • The fact that I can't stop listening to podcasts. Like, if M isn't around, I pretty much always have a podcast on in the background of whatever I'm doing. I have been so encouraged and inspired and entertained the last few months from podcasts, and I feel like I'm discovering a new one each week. It's by far my favorite form of entertainment right now. If you weren't already listening, I'd probably encourage you to listen The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey, Sorta Awesome, and Around the Table. And if you needed a good laugh, The Popcast!
  • How my baby won't take a bottle, and truthfully, while it's super frustrating and I wish I had a little more freedom from time to time, it's not all that terrible and I'm reminding myself that this is really only a short stage of his life. It won't always be like this. I will have the ability to go out to dinner again with friends or just my husband one day. But I am starting to panic some about a concert I'm attending in August...thankfully August is still 3 months away.
  • I've 95% finished For the Love by Jen Hatmaker, and I have loved it so much. I got it from the library, but I'm kind of thinking of ordering a copy for me to keep so I can highlight and dog ear about half the book.
  • Hair issues...I can't ever decide if I want mine long or short. I love how I look with shorter hair, but I love that I can throw my long hair up and be "done" so quickly...but then when it's down, all T wants to do is pull it. Clearly, this is a major issue in my life.
  • M has pretty much abandoned nap time. She still goes to her room daily for "rest time" but naps are just....done. And it's hurting us all big time in the evenings because she is just SO tired and grumpy from about 5-7pm. I realize this is a totally normal mom problem and every kid eventually outgrows their nap, but it's been tough on everyone come dinner time. If you were a verteran mom, I'd want you to pat me on the back and remind me just how great it is that she's getting bigger and all of the fun "big girl" things we have to look forward to. 
  • How I would pay big bucks right now to fly to NYC for a night to see Sara Bareille's show, Waitress. This goes back to the baby who won't take a bottle issue. I guess the soundtrack will do for now.
  • We'd also probably discuss your go to week night meals, because this seems to be a constant topic among all of my friends and me lately. I'm always on the hunt for a new (and easy!) dish to make for us at dinner time.
  • If you're a nerd like me, we'd also probably talk about the Game of Thrones premiere and our predictions. I am still dying to know where in the world Bran Stark is....
By the time we had covered all these topics and anything you'd bring to the table (and the tangents they all would lead to), we'd probably need to order a scone or a muffin because we would have been sitting at the table for two+ hours. And chances are the employees would be side eyeing us since we would be taking up a table. That's okay though, because it would have been a wonderful morning of conversation, and the scone would be an added bonus! 

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun post! I binge watched GoT season 5 this week (not sure why I hadn't watched it before) and OMG. I also started reading the 3rd book - I am all things GoT right now. Drew was tough to take a bottle, but she HAD to since I went back to work. It was pretty much she would drink enough not to die during the day but that was it. We nursed like crazy as soon as I picked her up. And now - she loves to drink water out of bottles - go figure. And yes, the nap transition is tough, but it's better than all the effort that goes into forcing them to sleep and then the battles at bedtime because they aren't really tired b/c of the nap. Just keeping being strong and it will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Your writing always packs so much substance. I might have to steal this idea for a future post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would want to drink coffee and talk about all these things ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We make chicken fried rice at least once a week. It's so simple and has something that everyone will at least eat (aka- picky toddlers). We make a side of some type of frozen Chinese side (potstickers, wontons, egg rolls).

    ReplyDelete
  5. First.... I can't believe Knox replied to your post! Second.... We neeeeeed to talk about last night's GOT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're so honored to have you joining us around the table!!

    ReplyDelete