Monday, July 18, 2016

Silly

As anyone with a three year old will tell you, it is a challenging age. They are fiercely independent and their little personalities are blossoming. They are also strong willed (which is good and bad), and they're too smart for their own good somedays. BUT...one thing no one told me that was so great about three, was the understanding of "silly." Somewhere around the time M hit 3.5, she started to get the concept of silly. Taking silly pictures, making silly voices, playing silly games....she is really into the silly thing. When we watched Inside Out recently and they talked about the main character's "goofball island," and I immediately got it. M definitely has a goofball island in there!

When we were at the beach last month, we went out one night to get a picture of the kids dressed in matching outfits (this was their first time I intentionally matched them in T's 8 months and now I get why moms do it!). M was more than willing to let me take some pics of her with her brother, but she made me promise to let her take some silly pictures first. DEAL! As I was taking them, I knew I was going to love them, possibly more than my "real" pictures I was trying to get. These are my favorite, because if you didn't know any better, you'd think she was mad in them, but they really are her silly faces. J and I were practically crying later that night when we were looking through them. They capture her so well right now. 

I think this one is a preview of her at 13...


The thumbs are my favorite part in these... 




I am not even sure, but the slanted jaw is quite the silly look I guess...


And my favorite "not so silly" picture...


Three and a half. It's the best sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are SO cute and describe her perfectly! You must frame them...but I don't know how you'll choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute!! Sadie's default "silly" face is hooking her two pointer fingers into the corner of her mouth so she's got that wide mouth ya know? Does it every time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love these!!! Can't wait to show them to Ella when she gets up from her nap! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet girl & silly indeed!

    ReplyDelete