Monday, October 31, 2016

Pumpkin Party

Last Sunday, we got together with some of our best pals to celebrate the birthdays of both of our October babies! 


I know I won't be able to get away with joint parties for long, but this year M was pumped to share her big day with her little brother! We hosted the party at a local park and had a pumpkin theme. There are hundreds of great ideas for pumpkin parties on pinterest, but we kept it pretty simple. Here was the invite I designed in photoshop and then had printed through overnight prints (love them! they always do a great job for a reasonable price!)


The kids all played on the playground for a long time and then we decorated pumpkins. The day before the party I had this grand idea to make a sign to put by all of the mini pumpkins I had bought. I am so glad I did. I think it turned out really cute and now it's on our porch with all of our pumpkins!





For food, we had mostly "kiddie" food...mini pb&j's, veggies and dip (in the shape of a pumpkin!), apple sticks from TJ's, cheeseballs (mini pumpkins!), a fall trail mix (made of candy corn, M&M's, pumpkin cheerios, pretzels, and marshmallows) and these cute clementines. My mom and I started drawing the faces on them on Saturday, and M quickly jumped in to help. I love her creative faces she made.




About an hour and a half before the party I dropped our cake that J had picked up earlier in they day from Publix. I was pretty upset (to say the least). It was beautiful and had pumpkins on it and big enough for all of our guests, and chocolate, and $45, and just perfect....and I dropped it in our garage. I was pretty angry about it, but my sister and dad were rockstars and drove to two stores to find us two cakes to feed all of our guests, and they were even able to find "fall" colored cakes. So very thankful they were here and could jump in to help. Thankfully, the birthday girl had no idea and the birthday boy still had a mini smashcake in good shape.


Also, poor T! The boy just doesn't stop and lately and has been using his face to break his fall as you can see by all his bumps and bruises and scratches! No matter how closely we watch him, he's falling and walking into metal poles on playgrounds. His face was looking mighty fine for his close up pictures during cake eating!



He loved it!



I love this picture of my parents and T!


And now, we're done with birthdays...until the end of November when J and I both celebrate! We spend a lot of time eating cake and celebrating in October and November!

2 comments:

  1. Emmy is still talking about this party! It was just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Looks like a perfect day. So funny that y'all's birthdays are lumped together like they are.

    ReplyDelete