So, in typical bad blogger fashion, I'm gonna do a quick little list of some recent favorites from our family lately. And this list is all over the place. That's your fair warning!
- Do you have little ones and Amazon Prime? If so, I can't highly recommend the show Creative Galaxy enough! It's for free to stream through Prime (we watch through our Fire TV) and it's so so cute (not something I say about all kid's shows)! It's from the same creators of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood so it feels and sounds a lot like it, but instead of enforcing social skills and other cute lessons, it's all about art and being creative. My little left handed artist is obsessed! She requests an episode almost daily after her rest time.
- While we're on the topic of M and her likes, I have another recommendation for you! I honestly don't remember where this recommendation came from, but M and I have been LOVING listening to the Stories Podcast in my car lately. It's a podcast for kids and it's exactly what it sounds like...stories! Some she knows (Three Little Pigs, Jack and the Beanstalk) and some we've never heard. They're all told by a wonderful narrator who uses funny voices. M will sit silently in my car and just listen and laugh. I can't recommend enough if you have a child close in age to her!
- I tried the Skinnytaste Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup last week. It's a keeper and an easy one to prep the night before and then pop into the crock pot in the morning. Make this on a chilly day. I toasted some corn tortillas that I brushed with some olive oil and salt and served them on top. YUM!
- I can't even believe I'm going to list this...but my friends, I have become completely obsessed with fantasy football this fall. I spend all day Sunday refreshing the scores on my phone. My only regret is not playing before this year. J told me recently that I am not the woman he married. And I'd have to agree. I don't know who I am anymore when it comes to NFL football. It's weird. And I love it.
- Last weekend M and I went with a friend to see Moana, and we LOVED it. For starters, it was just beautiful. All of the art work, the story, the music, it was all beautiful. And what I loved the most was how empowering it is to little girls. I know Disney gets a lot of heat for some older movies which don't really show women in a powerful way, but this one does the opposite. And again, the music! We came home and immediately downloaded the soundtrack. I can't stop singing and humming "How Far I'll Go." It is a tad scary for little ones in parts, but M did okay with a few reminders that Moana would be just fine and nothing bad would happen to her.
- I've been a long time fan of Thred Up, and I recently scored a couple of cute things for T and myself for practically nothing! If you've never used Thred Up, I highly recommend for some great second hand stuff! Here's what I picked up for me....a JCREW Factory Dress. I think it'll pair nicely with some navy tights and some riding boots or booties
And I got T these two sweaters....
Adorable, right? Here he is the other day in the striped one. A baby boy in a sweater might just be the best part of winter.
If you use my referral link, you can get a $10 credit to Thred Up!
That's all I've got for now, but I really do hope to pop in here more in the coming weeks. Maybe with some recipes, maybe with some tales about our every days...we'll see! I'm not making promises but I'm going to try!