3 years, 3 months, and 24 days
- Never stops talking. Never ever. If she's not sleeping, or eating (which even that doesn't stop her some days), she is talking. Telling a story, singing a song, bossing her brother or the dogs around, talking to her princess toys....it goes on and on and on...I've also noticed lately she has started speaking in different tones. I don't even know if that makes sense, but she has different voice she uses depending on what she's doing (ie, giving directions, telling me a story, helping T...), and it's adorable.
- Has begun to show a greater understanding of the world around her. T has a world map on his wall and she loves to look at it and ask things like, "Where does Aunt Lindsay live?" or "Where is Gigi's house?". It's fun watching her try to put the pieces of the big world around her together.
- Absolutely loves school. So much that we even enrolled her an extra day. She is now going 3 days a week, and it's been so good for her. I knew she'd do well at preschool this year, but I didn't expect for her to love it this much.
- Has the best little phrases. One of my favorites of the moment, "A couple of whiles" when she's trying to tell us when something will happen.
- LOVES Sara Bareilles, Taylor Swift, and Adele. In that order. Can sing full songs by each of them and does so regularly.
- Enjoys her movies, but is stilla big PBS Kids fan. Really into Super Why and Dinosaur Train at the moment.
- Likes to be my helper. Has recently taken a big interest in helping me do things around the house, like folding laundry or cleaning. Still loves to help us cook, and honestly can actually be kind of helpful in the kitchen some days. She recently cut up all the peppers we were using for a recipe with her curious chef knife.
- Has become really particular about her clothing. She still lets me dress her in pretty much anything to go out, but at home she wants to be in her "dragon shirt" and pajama pants or in a dress up dress. That's about it.
- Suddenly has become a pro at her balance bike! She got it when she turned two in 2014, but in the last month, she has really mastered it and asks often to go out and ride.
- Is a pretty good eater! We went through a stage for awhile where she really wouldn't eat anything that wasn't part of her "repertoire," but in the last month has become really adventurous and is always asking to try new things and has really surprised us with her likes.
- Still loves a good doughnut and going on doughnut runs with Dad on the weekend.
- Has adjusted so surprisingly well to her role as big sister. I haven't mentioned this too much on my blog (because let's be real, I've blogged very little over the last couple of months), but she really has done such a great job at all the changes in our home since T came home. She loves him so very much, and that's evident in her actions and words. She's constantly telling him how much she loves him and she shows true concern for him when he cries. She certainly has her moments where she shows jealousy and wants our full attention, but overall, she has shifted from only child to big sister so well. Her teachers even made a point to tell us how impressed they were when we sat down with them for a conference last month.
- Is a pretty great little artist and loves to draw and color. She gets frustrated easily by not being able to color in the lines or when something isn't perfect, but we're working on that.